Death of Gulistan Subasi on Hackney doorstep caught on camera
Jurors at the Old Bailey today saw chilling footage of the moment a 15-year-old boy allegedly gunned down a young mum in Hackney with a sawn-off shotgun.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the teenager on her mother’s doorstep in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, in a contract killing taken out by her estranged partner, it is claimed.
The film shows the attacker trying the gate to the yard, then entering and pulling the gun from his rucksack.
Ms Subasi is killed she opens the door and he fires.
The ‘hitman’ boy was picked to gun down the young mother to distance the killing from Tottenham’s Turkish community and her estranged partner Serdar Ozbek, the court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Ozbek, 28, had left the UK on March 18 and put out the contract while still in Turkey, it is claimed.
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “He wanted to keep his hands clean. Organising a contract killing is far from straightforward, especially if it’s done at short notice.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
“In this case a chain of persons were all knowingly involved in their separate ways in a joint enterprise in the killing of Gulistan.
“The Turks in Tottenham led by Serdar Ozbeck initiated a recruitment policy designed to distance themselves from unwelcome enquiry.
“The man so chosen, the man to pull the trigger, was a young black man living in Kensal Rise.”
The teenager, who is now 16, and Ozbek, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, are among seven men now standing trial for murder.
The others are a second 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named, Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham. They all deny murder.