Death of Gulistan Subasi on Hackney doorstep caught on camera
Jurors at the Old Bailey today saw chilling footage of the moment a 15-year-old boy allegedly gunned down a young mum in Hackney with a sawn-off shotgun.
Gulistan Subasi, 26, was shot dead by the teenager on her mother’s doorstep in Kingsmead Way, Homerton, in a contract killing taken out by her estranged partner, it is claimed.
The film shows the attacker trying the gate to the yard, then entering and pulling the gun from his rucksack.
Ms Subasi is killed she opens the door and he fires.
The ‘hitman’ boy was picked to gun down the young mother to distance the killing from Tottenham’s Turkish community and her estranged partner Serdar Ozbek, the court heard.
You may also want to watch:
Ozbek, 28, had left the UK on March 18 and put out the contract while still in Turkey, it is claimed.
Prosecutor Victor Temple QC said: “He wanted to keep his hands clean. Organising a contract killing is far from straightforward, especially if it’s done at short notice.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
“In this case a chain of persons were all knowingly involved in their separate ways in a joint enterprise in the killing of Gulistan.
“The Turks in Tottenham led by Serdar Ozbeck initiated a recruitment policy designed to distance themselves from unwelcome enquiry.
“The man so chosen, the man to pull the trigger, was a young black man living in Kensal Rise.”
The teenager, who is now 16, and Ozbek, of Westbeech Road, Wood Green, are among seven men now standing trial for murder.
The others are a second 16-year-old boy, who also cannot be named, Leigh Bryan, 25, of Birkbeck Road, Hornsey, Izak Billy, 21, of Pember Road, Kensal Green, Paul Nicoloau, 28, of Risley Avenue, Tottenham, and Zeon Jackman, 22, of Craven Park Road, South Tottenham. They all deny murder.