Death plunge pensioner named by police
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner who died after falling 20ft out of a first-storey window, has been named.
George Ernest Downes, 70, plunged from the window in Glenarm Road, Lower Clapton, just before 8.30am on Thursday July 3.
He was declared dead shortly afterwards in the Royal London Hospital.
A police spokesman said that a “definitive cause of death has yet to be established by the Coroner”.
Any next of kin are yet to be informed or traced.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious at this stage.
Witnesses to the incident, or friends or family of Mr Downes are asked to call 101 and quote CAD 2044: 03Jul14.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase