Death plunge pensioner named by police
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner who died after falling 20ft out of a first-storey window, has been named.
George Ernest Downes, 70, plunged from the window in Glenarm Road, Lower Clapton, just before 8.30am on Thursday July 3.
He was declared dead shortly afterwards in the Royal London Hospital.
A police spokesman said that a “definitive cause of death has yet to be established by the Coroner”.
Any next of kin are yet to be informed or traced.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious at this stage.
Witnesses to the incident, or friends or family of Mr Downes are asked to call 101 and quote CAD 2044: 03Jul14.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse