Death plunge pensioner named by police
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner who died after falling 20ft out of a first-storey window, has been named.
George Ernest Downes, 70, plunged from the window in Glenarm Road, Lower Clapton, just before 8.30am on Thursday July 3.
He was declared dead shortly afterwards in the Royal London Hospital.
A police spokesman said that a “definitive cause of death has yet to be established by the Coroner”.
Any next of kin are yet to be informed or traced.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious at this stage.
Witnesses to the incident, or friends or family of Mr Downes are asked to call 101 and quote CAD 2044: 03Jul14.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space