Death plunge pensioner named by police
- Credit: Archant
A pensioner who died after falling 20ft out of a first-storey window, has been named.
George Ernest Downes, 70, plunged from the window in Glenarm Road, Lower Clapton, just before 8.30am on Thursday July 3.
He was declared dead shortly afterwards in the Royal London Hospital.
A police spokesman said that a “definitive cause of death has yet to be established by the Coroner”.
Any next of kin are yet to be informed or traced.
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious at this stage.
Witnesses to the incident, or friends or family of Mr Downes are asked to call 101 and quote CAD 2044: 03Jul14.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 4 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 6 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 7 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant
- 8 Covid patient numbers remain steady at Homerton Hospital
- 9 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 10 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route