Dedicate a star to a loved one at St Joseph’s Hospice Light up a Life remembrance service
- Credit: Archant
Bereaved families are invited to join the community in remembering their loved ones at the annual Light Up a Life remembrance service at St Joseph’s Hospice.
People can dedicate a star on the Christmas tree to them with a personal message.
The ceremony includes the lighting up of the tree where each light represents the life of a loved one.
The stars will stay on the tree until January and the names will also be entered into a special remembrance book.
All donations are welcome and will help support and care for patients at the hospice now and in the future.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Light up a Life is a unique event that really brings people from the local community together to share their memories of their loved ones at a time of year that can be particularly difficult and emotive.”
The service takes place at the hospice in Mare Street at 7pm onThursday December 6.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
To donate or dedicate a star call 020 8525 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.