Dedicate a star to a loved one at St Joseph’s Hospice Light up a Life remembrance service
- Credit: Archant
Bereaved families are invited to join the community in remembering their loved ones at the annual Light Up a Life remembrance service at St Joseph’s Hospice.
People can dedicate a star on the Christmas tree to them with a personal message.
The ceremony includes the lighting up of the tree where each light represents the life of a loved one.
The stars will stay on the tree until January and the names will also be entered into a special remembrance book.
All donations are welcome and will help support and care for patients at the hospice now and in the future.
A spokesman said: “Light up a Life is a unique event that really brings people from the local community together to share their memories of their loved ones at a time of year that can be particularly difficult and emotive.”
The service takes place at the hospice in Mare Street at 7pm onThursday December 6.
- 1 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 2 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 3 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 4 Hackney brain tumour patient mum raises money for hospice
- 5 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
- 6 London among areas where drought is declared
- 7 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 8 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 9 Housing plan for De Beauvoir estate approved – despite environmental concerns
- 10 'The grim history of London's water supply'
To donate or dedicate a star call 020 8525 3200 or email email@example.com.