Dedicate a star to a loved one at St Joseph’s Hospice Light up a Life remembrance service
- Credit: Archant
Bereaved families are invited to join the community in remembering their loved ones at the annual Light Up a Life remembrance service at St Joseph’s Hospice.
People can dedicate a star on the Christmas tree to them with a personal message.
The ceremony includes the lighting up of the tree where each light represents the life of a loved one.
The stars will stay on the tree until January and the names will also be entered into a special remembrance book.
All donations are welcome and will help support and care for patients at the hospice now and in the future.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Light up a Life is a unique event that really brings people from the local community together to share their memories of their loved ones at a time of year that can be particularly difficult and emotive.”
The service takes place at the hospice in Mare Street at 7pm onThursday December 6.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 9 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 10 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
To donate or dedicate a star call 020 8525 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.