Dedicate a star to a loved one at St Joseph’s Hospice Light up a Life remembrance service
- Credit: Archant
Bereaved families are invited to join the community in remembering their loved ones at the annual Light Up a Life remembrance service at St Joseph’s Hospice.
People can dedicate a star on the Christmas tree to them with a personal message.
The ceremony includes the lighting up of the tree where each light represents the life of a loved one.
The stars will stay on the tree until January and the names will also be entered into a special remembrance book.
All donations are welcome and will help support and care for patients at the hospice now and in the future.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “Light up a Life is a unique event that really brings people from the local community together to share their memories of their loved ones at a time of year that can be particularly difficult and emotive.”
The service takes place at the hospice in Mare Street at 7pm onThursday December 6.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
To donate or dedicate a star call 020 8525 3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.