Dementia sufferer missing from Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Police are becoming increasingly concerned about a missing dementia sufferer.
Mehmet Calik, 52, left his home in Royal Oak Road, Hackney, on April 10. A family member noticed he was missing at 1.20pm, which was out of character for him,
Police are becoming increasingly concerned for Mehmet’s welfare as he suffers from dementia and is required to take daily medication, without which his condition may deteriorate.
Police say Mehmet is Turkish, 6ft and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing black jeans, black T-shirt, brown lace up shoes, brown or grey jacket or both, and brown beanie hat.
You may also want to watch:
He is known to frequent Islington, Angel, Kings Cross and Hackney.
Anyone who has seen Mehmet of who knows of his whereabouts are asked to call police in Hackney on 101.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages