Dementia sufferer missing from Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Police are becoming increasingly concerned about a missing dementia sufferer.
Mehmet Calik, 52, left his home in Royal Oak Road, Hackney, on April 10. A family member noticed he was missing at 1.20pm, which was out of character for him,
Police are becoming increasingly concerned for Mehmet’s welfare as he suffers from dementia and is required to take daily medication, without which his condition may deteriorate.
Police say Mehmet is Turkish, 6ft and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing black jeans, black T-shirt, brown lace up shoes, brown or grey jacket or both, and brown beanie hat.
You may also want to watch:
He is known to frequent Islington, Angel, Kings Cross and Hackney.
Anyone who has seen Mehmet of who knows of his whereabouts are asked to call police in Hackney on 101.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase