Dementia sufferer missing from Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Police are becoming increasingly concerned about a missing dementia sufferer.
Mehmet Calik, 52, left his home in Royal Oak Road, Hackney, on April 10. A family member noticed he was missing at 1.20pm, which was out of character for him,
Police are becoming increasingly concerned for Mehmet’s welfare as he suffers from dementia and is required to take daily medication, without which his condition may deteriorate.
Police say Mehmet is Turkish, 6ft and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing black jeans, black T-shirt, brown lace up shoes, brown or grey jacket or both, and brown beanie hat.
You may also want to watch:
He is known to frequent Islington, Angel, Kings Cross and Hackney.
Anyone who has seen Mehmet of who knows of his whereabouts are asked to call police in Hackney on 101.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared