Dementia sufferer missing from Hackney
- Credit: Archant
Police are becoming increasingly concerned about a missing dementia sufferer.
Mehmet Calik, 52, left his home in Royal Oak Road, Hackney, on April 10. A family member noticed he was missing at 1.20pm, which was out of character for him,
Police are becoming increasingly concerned for Mehmet’s welfare as he suffers from dementia and is required to take daily medication, without which his condition may deteriorate.
Police say Mehmet is Turkish, 6ft and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing black jeans, black T-shirt, brown lace up shoes, brown or grey jacket or both, and brown beanie hat.
You may also want to watch:
He is known to frequent Islington, Angel, Kings Cross and Hackney.
Anyone who has seen Mehmet of who knows of his whereabouts are asked to call police in Hackney on 101.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted