Diane Abbott visits Hackney Playbus session to chat to kids and parents
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children were joined by Diane Abbott to celebrate the Hackney Playbus’s last outing of the year today.
The brightly-coloured double decker makes its way around the borough throughout the year offering a range of activities for youngsters who would otherwise not have access to them.
A new set of wheels were purchased earlier this year thanks to a £25,000 fundraiser and the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP was treated to a tour of the bus before chatting to staff and kids about the project.
She said: “The playbus is one of the most loved children’s services in Hackney. It provides children with the opportunity for messy, open-air play and brings families together.”
The project is funded by People’s Health Trust with money raised by HealthPromote through The Health Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Playbus manager Claire Lindsay said: “We were very happy to welcome Diane Abbott to one of our sessions.”
- 1 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 8 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 9 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 10 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000