Diane Abbott visits Hackney Playbus session to chat to kids and parents
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children were joined by Diane Abbott to celebrate the Hackney Playbus’s last outing of the year today.
The brightly-coloured double decker makes its way around the borough throughout the year offering a range of activities for youngsters who would otherwise not have access to them.
A new set of wheels were purchased earlier this year thanks to a £25,000 fundraiser and the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP was treated to a tour of the bus before chatting to staff and kids about the project.
She said: “The playbus is one of the most loved children’s services in Hackney. It provides children with the opportunity for messy, open-air play and brings families together.”
The project is funded by People’s Health Trust with money raised by HealthPromote through The Health Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Playbus manager Claire Lindsay said: “We were very happy to welcome Diane Abbott to one of our sessions.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian