Diane Abbott visits Hackney Playbus session to chat to kids and parents
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children were joined by Diane Abbott to celebrate the Hackney Playbus’s last outing of the year today.
The brightly-coloured double decker makes its way around the borough throughout the year offering a range of activities for youngsters who would otherwise not have access to them.
A new set of wheels were purchased earlier this year thanks to a £25,000 fundraiser and the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP was treated to a tour of the bus before chatting to staff and kids about the project.
She said: “The playbus is one of the most loved children’s services in Hackney. It provides children with the opportunity for messy, open-air play and brings families together.”
The project is funded by People’s Health Trust with money raised by HealthPromote through The Health Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Playbus manager Claire Lindsay said: “We were very happy to welcome Diane Abbott to one of our sessions.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home