Diane Abbott visits Hackney Playbus session to chat to kids and parents
- Credit: Archant
Parents and children were joined by Diane Abbott to celebrate the Hackney Playbus’s last outing of the year today.
The brightly-coloured double decker makes its way around the borough throughout the year offering a range of activities for youngsters who would otherwise not have access to them.
A new set of wheels were purchased earlier this year thanks to a £25,000 fundraiser and the Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP was treated to a tour of the bus before chatting to staff and kids about the project.
She said: “The playbus is one of the most loved children’s services in Hackney. It provides children with the opportunity for messy, open-air play and brings families together.”
The project is funded by People’s Health Trust with money raised by HealthPromote through The Health Lottery.
You may also want to watch:
Playbus manager Claire Lindsay said: “We were very happy to welcome Diane Abbott to one of our sessions.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club