Disbanded Hackney youth club to re-launch
Sport teams set up for children.
FAMOUS old boys will return to help re-launch a sporting youth club.
Boxer Ian Napa and Leyton Orient shot stopper Yilmaz Aksoy will both be on hand at the opening of the St Matthias Club and the launch of the St Matthias Soccer Academy on Friday (January 7).
The club, in Dalston Lane, was set up in 1968 as St Matthias Boys’ Club but was forced to close in 2007 due to funding.
A determined group of community members have managed to obtain new funding from the National Lottery grant Awards For All and are bringing it back every Friday night.
The new St Matthias will be putting on a wide range of sporting activities for boys and girls aged 8 to 11 and is calling on people to come along and get involved.
The launch takes place from 6pm to 9pm on Friday January 7 at St Matthias Club at 101 Dalston Lane, E8 1N.
- 1 Man 'threw toolbox' at woman's head at Overground station
- 2 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 3 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 4 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 5 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 6 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 7 How Covid could set back Antonio Conte's Spurs revival
- 8 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 9 Pay cut decision overturned after council worker strike
- 10 Hackney dance class needs funding to provide free sessions for London Fields community
For more information visit www.facebook.com/St.MatthiasClub or call 02072549144.