Wilderton Road murder: DJ Elyon Poku, 20, named as stab victim as four arrested over knife attack
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
Police have urged the 200 party goers who attended an 18th birthday celebration on Friday night where the DJ was murdered to get in touch.
Two men and two teenagers have been arrested over the knife attack on Elyon Poku, 20, who had been DJing in a garden marquee in Wilderton Road.
The party in Stamford Hill was apparently gate-crashed after being advertised on social media.
Police were called at about 1.50am to reports of a fight there, and despite being rushed to hospital at 1am, Elyon, who went by the name of DJ Nanabanger died three-and-a-half hours later.
A 17-year-old youth was also taken to hospital with a stab injury and a third victim, aged 24, was treated for a head injury, both of which are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday a 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and an 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of affray.
Today a 29-year-old man and a 16-year-old youth were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
They all remain in custody at separate police stations in east London.
Former Hackney Council Speaker and councillor Rosemary Sales, who lives next door, told the Gazette they had been notified beforehand by their neighbour she was planning to hold the birthday bash for her son.
“It was a big deal for them, and there was a marquee out the back,” said Ms Sales.
“She said they would finish at midnight. I was out, and came back before then and there was loud music, but at a quarter-to-one it stopped and we thought: “Thank God for that” and went to sleep.
“We could hear some shouting, and I thought people were getting merry and singing but obviously it wasn’t that.”
She continued: “It’s just horrendous. What a tragedy - another young man has died. We talked to our neighbour when they came back from hospital and she is devastated.”
DCI Packer who is leading the investigation appealed for the public’s help, despite having already arrested four men.
“We have been working hard this weekend to find out what happened at the party and the events that led to Elyon’s murder in the early hours of Saturday,” he said.
“We believe there were more than 200 young people at the party which began on Friday evening and we need to speak to everyone who was there. Even if you didn’t witness the assaults, you may have some information that can help us determine how Elyon tragically lost his life.
“Officers are keeping an open mind about the motive for the fight that led to Elyon’s death.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 297sep22.
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via the crimestoppers-uk.org website.