Don your flashiest frock for the inaugural Dame Dash
- Credit: Archant
St Joseph’s Hospice and the Hackney Empire have joined forces for the Dame Dash 1k fundraiser
Two of Hackney’s best-known institutions are urging people to dress up as pantomime dames for a charity fun run.
People are being asked to don their flashiest frocks, plaster on make-up and dress up as their favourite pantomime characters to take part in the Dame Dash on October 27, which begins at St Joseph’s Hospice and ends a kilometre up Mare Street at the Hackney Empire theatre.
The hospice and theatre hope it will raise vital funds for their community work.
The fundraiser is open to all ages, but under-12s must be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
Advance registration costs £15 per adult and £5 per child. To register see www.damedash.org.uk.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'