Don your flashiest frock for the inaugural Dame Dash
- Credit: Archant
St Joseph’s Hospice and the Hackney Empire have joined forces for the Dame Dash 1k fundraiser
Two of Hackney’s best-known institutions are urging people to dress up as pantomime dames for a charity fun run.
People are being asked to don their flashiest frocks, plaster on make-up and dress up as their favourite pantomime characters to take part in the Dame Dash on October 27, which begins at St Joseph’s Hospice and ends a kilometre up Mare Street at the Hackney Empire theatre.
The hospice and theatre hope it will raise vital funds for their community work.
The fundraiser is open to all ages, but under-12s must be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
Advance registration costs £15 per adult and £5 per child. To register see www.damedash.org.uk.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney