Double departure at Orient
- Credit: Archant
Ben Chorley and Michael Symes exit Brisbane Road
Defender Ben Chorley has moved from Leyton Orient to League One rivals Stevenage with immediate effect, meanwhile striker Michael Symes has joined Burton Albion on loan.
Symes has found chances hard to come by at the O’s this season and has moved to the League Two club until the end of the campaign.
The departure of Chorley is something of a surprise though, with the central defender having worn the captain’s armband recently.
The 30-year-old had made 159 appearances for the O’s but has signed a two and a half year contract with Boro.
You may also want to watch:
Orient manager Russell Slade explained: “Ben has been a great servant to the football club and we thank him for all his efforts in an Orient shirt.
“He’s at an age where he has to consider longevity and we were not in a position to offer him what Stevenage have. The entire process was handled very professionally and amicably and we wish him all the best.”
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 4 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 5 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney