Double departure at Orient
- Credit: Archant
Ben Chorley and Michael Symes exit Brisbane Road
Defender Ben Chorley has moved from Leyton Orient to League One rivals Stevenage with immediate effect, meanwhile striker Michael Symes has joined Burton Albion on loan.
Symes has found chances hard to come by at the O’s this season and has moved to the League Two club until the end of the campaign.
The departure of Chorley is something of a surprise though, with the central defender having worn the captain’s armband recently.
The 30-year-old had made 159 appearances for the O’s but has signed a two and a half year contract with Boro.
You may also want to watch:
Orient manager Russell Slade explained: “Ben has been a great servant to the football club and we thank him for all his efforts in an Orient shirt.
“He’s at an age where he has to consider longevity and we were not in a position to offer him what Stevenage have. The entire process was handled very professionally and amicably and we wish him all the best.”
- 1 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 2 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 3 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 6 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 9 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week