Dragon’s Den visit fires up hoops and dreams of London Fields Hulafit duo
- Credit: Archant
A hula-hooping fitness class is going round again after being knocked back by the Dragon’s Den.
Hulafit, launched in London Fields back in 2013 by Anna and Rowan Byrne, aims to get people exercising in a fun way.
It’s already taken off here, with weekly classes held at the London Fields Fitness gym in Mentmore Terrace, but following the “constructive criticism” from the dragons the women have changed their business model in order to go global.
Anna said: “At the time of filming we were pursuing a franchise business model and the dragons were unanimous in their opinion it wasn’t the way to take the company.
“While it was very nerve-wracking, it was amazing to have the feedback of five respected business moguls and we have learnt a lot from the whole experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We have now taken their advice and changed our business model, which has freed-up the way we run our instructor training course and made the process of somebody becoming a qualified instructor much more streamlined and accessible.”
The changes have already made a difference. Qualified coaches are now teaching the classes around the country and even abroad in Malta and Paris.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
The plan for this year is to train more than 100 instructors, while an official Hulafit workout hoop is on the market.
For more information visit hulafit.com.