Dragon’s Den visit fires up hoops and dreams of London Fields Hulafit duo
- Credit: Archant
A hula-hooping fitness class is going round again after being knocked back by the Dragon’s Den.
Hulafit, launched in London Fields back in 2013 by Anna and Rowan Byrne, aims to get people exercising in a fun way.
It’s already taken off here, with weekly classes held at the London Fields Fitness gym in Mentmore Terrace, but following the “constructive criticism” from the dragons the women have changed their business model in order to go global.
Anna said: “At the time of filming we were pursuing a franchise business model and the dragons were unanimous in their opinion it wasn’t the way to take the company.
“While it was very nerve-wracking, it was amazing to have the feedback of five respected business moguls and we have learnt a lot from the whole experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We have now taken their advice and changed our business model, which has freed-up the way we run our instructor training course and made the process of somebody becoming a qualified instructor much more streamlined and accessible.”
The changes have already made a difference. Qualified coaches are now teaching the classes around the country and even abroad in Malta and Paris.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 8 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
The plan for this year is to train more than 100 instructors, while an official Hulafit workout hoop is on the market.
For more information visit hulafit.com.