Dragon’s Den visit fires up hoops and dreams of London Fields Hulafit duo
- Credit: Archant
A hula-hooping fitness class is going round again after being knocked back by the Dragon’s Den.
Hulafit, launched in London Fields back in 2013 by Anna and Rowan Byrne, aims to get people exercising in a fun way.
It’s already taken off here, with weekly classes held at the London Fields Fitness gym in Mentmore Terrace, but following the “constructive criticism” from the dragons the women have changed their business model in order to go global.
Anna said: “At the time of filming we were pursuing a franchise business model and the dragons were unanimous in their opinion it wasn’t the way to take the company.
“While it was very nerve-wracking, it was amazing to have the feedback of five respected business moguls and we have learnt a lot from the whole experience.
You may also want to watch:
“We have now taken their advice and changed our business model, which has freed-up the way we run our instructor training course and made the process of somebody becoming a qualified instructor much more streamlined and accessible.”
The changes have already made a difference. Qualified coaches are now teaching the classes around the country and even abroad in Malta and Paris.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
The plan for this year is to train more than 100 instructors, while an official Hulafit workout hoop is on the market.
For more information visit hulafit.com.