East London traders take over Spitalfields Market for Small Business Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across east London took over Spitalfields Market at the weekend for Small Business Saturday.
The event also saw the launch of a new map detailing the location of every member of the East End Trades Guild business group.
More than 300 companies will now benefit from the awareness raised by the 3,000 maps that have been handed out across the region.
Award-winning artist Adam Dant designed the map, which was unveiled at the market where dozens of members were selling their products.
It also includes the tips of The Gentle Author, who writes the Spitalfields Life blog and was instrumental in forming the guild in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
The Gentle Author said: “Driven by necessity, East Enders have always devoted themselves to invent ingenious and creative ways of making a living, defining east London as the centre of innovation and enterprise in the capital for more than three centuries – from the jacquard weavers of the eighteenth century to the code writers of our own time.”
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 9 Days left to register to vote in May elections
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers