East London traders take over Spitalfields Market for Small Business Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across east London took over Spitalfields Market at the weekend for Small Business Saturday.
The event also saw the launch of a new map detailing the location of every member of the East End Trades Guild business group.
More than 300 companies will now benefit from the awareness raised by the 3,000 maps that have been handed out across the region.
Award-winning artist Adam Dant designed the map, which was unveiled at the market where dozens of members were selling their products.
It also includes the tips of The Gentle Author, who writes the Spitalfields Life blog and was instrumental in forming the guild in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
The Gentle Author said: “Driven by necessity, East Enders have always devoted themselves to invent ingenious and creative ways of making a living, defining east London as the centre of innovation and enterprise in the capital for more than three centuries – from the jacquard weavers of the eighteenth century to the code writers of our own time.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic