East London traders take over Spitalfields Market for Small Business Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Independent traders from across east London took over Spitalfields Market at the weekend for Small Business Saturday.
The event also saw the launch of a new map detailing the location of every member of the East End Trades Guild business group.
More than 300 companies will now benefit from the awareness raised by the 3,000 maps that have been handed out across the region.
Award-winning artist Adam Dant designed the map, which was unveiled at the market where dozens of members were selling their products.
It also includes the tips of The Gentle Author, who writes the Spitalfields Life blog and was instrumental in forming the guild in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
The Gentle Author said: “Driven by necessity, East Enders have always devoted themselves to invent ingenious and creative ways of making a living, defining east London as the centre of innovation and enterprise in the capital for more than three centuries – from the jacquard weavers of the eighteenth century to the code writers of our own time.”
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools