Eastnine: The Homerton fitness app offering in-ear running coaching
- Credit: Archant
A Homerton-based fitness app bringing audio coaching to park running is hoping to shake up how people exercise.
Eastnine provides professional sports coaching enabling runners to exercise in public spaces with the advice of personal trainers coming through their headphones.
Its coaches include Team GB athletes JJ Jegede and Lewis Richardson, former rugby player Leo Savage, sports osteopath Alice Monger-Godfrey and Ironman nutritionist Will Girling.
CEO Jason Goodman said: "The traditional system of people going to the gym is broken. It's always been a bit of a con.
"You sign up in January, leave in February but then find you're tied up to a year's membership.
You may also want to watch:
"Eastnine instead puts a personal trainer in people's ears and helps them create the right habits of long-term exercise.
"People often find it hard to run and improve but with the app all you really need is a pair of trainers and a phone."
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 8 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
The business, which started last September, also hosts a running club, open to all abilities, every Wednesday at 7pm, starting from its offices in Stevens Avenue, Homerton and ending in London Fields or Victoria Park.
Having lived, worked and raised his family in Hackney, Jason wants the app to connect with people in the borough and is hiring a local intern for three months.
"We want local talent as part of our team, to reach out to the local community and give added value," continued Jason.
"There's lots of positive change in the borough and we want to be a part of that by democratising coaching for as many people as possible."
Download the beta version of the app in the App Store.