100 coveted city internships up for grabs for young people in Hackney
Young people in Hackney are being given the chance of sought after internships in top city firms, offering them fantastic experience while still being paid.
The City of London Business Traineeship scheme, spearheaded by the City of London Corporation and delivered by the Brokerage Citylink, will recruit 100 paid interns this summer.
The announcement comes as youth unemployment is at a record high.
Work placements last up to 13 weeks and trainees will have the opportunity to develop skills in a variety of sectors including banking, insurance, legal and human resources.
Stuart Fraser, Chairman of the Policy and Resources Committee at the City of London Corporation, said: “Internships are an important rung on the ladder to success for young people but the sad fact is many young people from challenging backgrounds can simply not afford to work for free or for little remuneration and do not have the necessary contacts to secure work placements.
You may also want to watch:
“This scheme helps to level the playing field and is therefore prized for the doors it opens for Hackney’s young people, furthermore employers can gain as they can dip into a pool of unharnessed talent that otherwise may not have been explored.”
Applications close in May, for more information and to register see www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/cbt
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic