100 coveted city internships up for grabs for young people in Hackney
Young people in Hackney are being given the chance of sought after internships in top city firms, offering them fantastic experience while still being paid.
The City of London Business Traineeship scheme, spearheaded by the City of London Corporation and delivered by the Brokerage Citylink, will recruit 100 paid interns this summer.
The announcement comes as youth unemployment is at a record high.
Work placements last up to 13 weeks and trainees will have the opportunity to develop skills in a variety of sectors including banking, insurance, legal and human resources.
Stuart Fraser, Chairman of the Policy and Resources Committee at the City of London Corporation, said: “Internships are an important rung on the ladder to success for young people but the sad fact is many young people from challenging backgrounds can simply not afford to work for free or for little remuneration and do not have the necessary contacts to secure work placements.
You may also want to watch:
“This scheme helps to level the playing field and is therefore prized for the doors it opens for Hackney’s young people, furthermore employers can gain as they can dip into a pool of unharnessed talent that otherwise may not have been explored.”
Applications close in May, for more information and to register see www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/cbt
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs