Business management apprenticeships for Hackney school leavers
- Credit: Tesco
A supermarket chain is offering business management apprenticeships to school leavers in Hackney and five other London boroughs.
Tesco’s new Business Management Degree Apprenticeship offers the chance to gain a degree without the financial commitment of leaving home or falling into debt.
Successful candidates will gain “hands-on” management experience as they take on a paid, leadership role at a Tesco Store in London - with the aim of developing the skills to become a manager in a large London store within the first year.
Emma Taylor, Tesco’s People Director said the company is committed to building a more inclusive workplace.
She told the Gazette: “We’re looking for energetic and enthusiastic school leavers with a passion for retail to join us.”
You may also want to watch:
One day a week will be spent studying at Pearson College in Holborn and degrees in Business Management will be validated by the University of Kent.
Tuition fees and travel expenses to college will all be paid for and applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The course starts on September 6, 2021, with a starting salary of £18,000 plus London weighting.
Any interested school leavers can apply for the apprenticeship at www.tesco.com from September 14.