Business management apprenticeships for Hackney school leavers
- Credit: Tesco
A supermarket chain is offering business management apprenticeships to school leavers in Hackney and five other London boroughs.
Tesco’s new Business Management Degree Apprenticeship offers the chance to gain a degree without the financial commitment of leaving home or falling into debt.
Successful candidates will gain “hands-on” management experience as they take on a paid, leadership role at a Tesco Store in London - with the aim of developing the skills to become a manager in a large London store within the first year.
Emma Taylor, Tesco’s People Director said the company is committed to building a more inclusive workplace.
She told the Gazette: “We’re looking for energetic and enthusiastic school leavers with a passion for retail to join us.”
You may also want to watch:
One day a week will be spent studying at Pearson College in Holborn and degrees in Business Management will be validated by the University of Kent.
Tuition fees and travel expenses to college will all be paid for and applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
The course starts on September 6, 2021, with a starting salary of £18,000 plus London weighting.
Any interested school leavers can apply for the apprenticeship at www.tesco.com from September 14.