Business management apprenticeships for Hackney school leavers
- Credit: Tesco
A supermarket chain is offering business management apprenticeships to school leavers in Hackney and five other London boroughs.
Tesco’s new Business Management Degree Apprenticeship offers the chance to gain a degree without the financial commitment of leaving home or falling into debt.
Successful candidates will gain “hands-on” management experience as they take on a paid, leadership role at a Tesco Store in London - with the aim of developing the skills to become a manager in a large London store within the first year.
Emma Taylor, Tesco’s People Director said the company is committed to building a more inclusive workplace.
She told the Gazette: “We’re looking for energetic and enthusiastic school leavers with a passion for retail to join us.”
You may also want to watch:
One day a week will be spent studying at Pearson College in Holborn and degrees in Business Management will be validated by the University of Kent.
Tuition fees and travel expenses to college will all be paid for and applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
The course starts on September 6, 2021, with a starting salary of £18,000 plus London weighting.
Any interested school leavers can apply for the apprenticeship at www.tesco.com from September 14.