Business management apprenticeships for Hackney school leavers
- Credit: Tesco
A supermarket chain is offering business management apprenticeships to school leavers in Hackney and five other London boroughs.
Tesco’s new Business Management Degree Apprenticeship offers the chance to gain a degree without the financial commitment of leaving home or falling into debt.
Successful candidates will gain “hands-on” management experience as they take on a paid, leadership role at a Tesco Store in London - with the aim of developing the skills to become a manager in a large London store within the first year.
Emma Taylor, Tesco’s People Director said the company is committed to building a more inclusive workplace.
She told the Gazette: “We’re looking for energetic and enthusiastic school leavers with a passion for retail to join us.”
You may also want to watch:
One day a week will be spent studying at Pearson College in Holborn and degrees in Business Management will be validated by the University of Kent.
Tuition fees and travel expenses to college will all be paid for and applicants must be aged 18 or over.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
The course starts on September 6, 2021, with a starting salary of £18,000 plus London weighting.
Any interested school leavers can apply for the apprenticeship at www.tesco.com from September 14.