Bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School
- Credit: Archant
A bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School saw 160 mums through the doors on Friday.
The tea party, in the run up to the real thing on Sunday, saw mums take advantage of a pampering session, including hand and head massages and nail painting.
Those attending were also treated to a screening of a video the children had made in honour of their mums.
Headteacher Jackie Benjamin said: “Every year our celebrations are getting bigger and bigger.”
School activities partner Michelle Amooty, who organised the event, added: “We believe that parent involvement is paramount in school today.
You may also want to watch:
“The mums left with their bellies full and a beautiful artificial flower from their child. Even the children took part in the pampering.”
The event was supported by businesses including Jinal Newsagent in Oldhill Street, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons in Stamford Hill.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12