Bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School
- Credit: Archant
A bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School saw 160 mums through the doors on Friday.
The tea party, in the run up to the real thing on Sunday, saw mums take advantage of a pampering session, including hand and head massages and nail painting.
Those attending were also treated to a screening of a video the children had made in honour of their mums.
Headteacher Jackie Benjamin said: “Every year our celebrations are getting bigger and bigger.”
School activities partner Michelle Amooty, who organised the event, added: “We believe that parent involvement is paramount in school today.
You may also want to watch:
“The mums left with their bellies full and a beautiful artificial flower from their child. Even the children took part in the pampering.”
The event was supported by businesses including Jinal Newsagent in Oldhill Street, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons in Stamford Hill.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack