Bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School
- Credit: Archant
A bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School saw 160 mums through the doors on Friday.
The tea party, in the run up to the real thing on Sunday, saw mums take advantage of a pampering session, including hand and head massages and nail painting.
Those attending were also treated to a screening of a video the children had made in honour of their mums.
Headteacher Jackie Benjamin said: “Every year our celebrations are getting bigger and bigger.”
School activities partner Michelle Amooty, who organised the event, added: “We believe that parent involvement is paramount in school today.
You may also want to watch:
“The mums left with their bellies full and a beautiful artificial flower from their child. Even the children took part in the pampering.”
The event was supported by businesses including Jinal Newsagent in Oldhill Street, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons in Stamford Hill.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 3 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 4 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 5 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 10 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems