Bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School
- Credit: Archant
A bumper mother’s day celebration at Tyssen Community School saw 160 mums through the doors on Friday.
The tea party, in the run up to the real thing on Sunday, saw mums take advantage of a pampering session, including hand and head massages and nail painting.
Those attending were also treated to a screening of a video the children had made in honour of their mums.
Headteacher Jackie Benjamin said: “Every year our celebrations are getting bigger and bigger.”
School activities partner Michelle Amooty, who organised the event, added: “We believe that parent involvement is paramount in school today.
You may also want to watch:
“The mums left with their bellies full and a beautiful artificial flower from their child. Even the children took part in the pampering.”
The event was supported by businesses including Jinal Newsagent in Oldhill Street, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons in Stamford Hill.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools