Cardinal Pole’s street dance crew crowned the kings of swagger
Street dance crews battled it out on Monday to see who had the ‘freshest flavour’ or ‘sickest skill’.
The 11-16 year olds from four London secondary schools gathered at the Petchey Academy in Shacklewell Lane for the ‘Step in2 Battle North Champions’ competition.
Teams came from the Petchey Academy itself, St Pauls’ Academy in Greenwich, Cardinal Pole School in Hackney Central and St Aloysius’ College in Islington.
The Dynamic Fusions Crew from Cardinal Pole School in Morning Lane emerged triumphant, and will now get the chance to go head to head with the ‘South Champions’ at the prestigious Sadler’s Wells theatre in July.
Judge Gavin Vincent from ‘The A Team’ and ‘Soul Mavericks’ crews which were finalists on the Sky 1 talent show ‘Got to Dance 2012’, said: “The winning crew for me is one that can tell a story when they battle and make their moves flow with the music.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Step into Dance, a community youth programme run by the Royal Academy of Dance and The Jack Petchey Foundation, an organisation which gives grants to projects benefitting young people.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world