Christine Ohuruogu shares secrets of success with Skinners’ Academy pupils
- Credit: Archant
British athlete and 400m specialist Christine Ohuruogu shared her secrets of success with Skinners’ Academy pupils, as she advised them how to be the best they can be.
The East London local and 29-year-old winner of various world, Olympic and Commonwealth medals delivered a motivational assembly to a room of 180 of 13-14 year olds at the school in Woodberry Down
“When I look at my medals, I remember the work it took me to get one of those,” she told them.
She spoke about how hard work starts years before a championship and preparation is key, and told them that to achieve great things it is essential to be disciplined - as without discipline, her achievements would never have followed.
She told pupils how she went home in tears after a netball final, but noted that it’s easier to cope with disappointments when you know where you’re going and are truly determined to get there.
You may also want to watch:
Christine said: “It is important to reach our younger generation – help them realise that people care.
“They may take something away that will help them make a better decision about their lives… and sport is one of the greatest ways you can achieve something.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers