Christmas concert: Gayhurst Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff were up on their feet dancing as they sang James Brown’s ‘I feel Good’ to round off Gayhurst Community School’s triumphant winter concert.
There was standing room only at the Round Chapel in Lower Clapton Road as the whole school took part in the performance.
For the Nativity, 300 children from nursery, reception, year 1 and 2 performed, delighting the audience with their clear narration, fabulous costumes and enthusiastic singing and dancing.
Children from the rest of the school went on to perform dances, African drumming and a variety of songs, impressing everyone with their performances.
Liza Hooper, Gayhurst’s associate head teacher said: “The Gayhurst winter concert is a high point in the school calendar.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a fabulous event with a cast of over 580 children, a staff of 100 and an enormous audience and every year it is a triumph.
“This year was no exception, our talented children were amazing and made our committed staff very proud.”
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift