Christmas concert: Gayhurst Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children and staff were up on their feet dancing as they sang James Brown’s ‘I feel Good’ to round off Gayhurst Community School’s triumphant winter concert.
There was standing room only at the Round Chapel in Lower Clapton Road as the whole school took part in the performance.
For the Nativity, 300 children from nursery, reception, year 1 and 2 performed, delighting the audience with their clear narration, fabulous costumes and enthusiastic singing and dancing.
Children from the rest of the school went on to perform dances, African drumming and a variety of songs, impressing everyone with their performances.
Liza Hooper, Gayhurst’s associate head teacher said: “The Gayhurst winter concert is a high point in the school calendar.
You may also want to watch:
“It is a fabulous event with a cast of over 580 children, a staff of 100 and an enormous audience and every year it is a triumph.
“This year was no exception, our talented children were amazing and made our committed staff very proud.”
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 6 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney