Clapton primary celebrates getting new playgrounds, library and great SAT results
- Credit: Archant
A primary school had several great reasons to celebrate last Friday.
Two new playgrounds and a library were unveiled at Northwold Primary School in Northwold Road, Clapton in a special opening ceremony.
There were performances from the school’s steel band and a school dance troupe, who danced to a soundtrack produced by pupils.
Head teacher Alison Kriel said: “The school has been trying to improve the environment so the children have a school they are proud of. If they’re in a really pleasant environment and have a good play provision it helps them with their learning.
“We teach nine instruments at the school. All children have the right to learn a musical instrument for free. We do it because we have big aspirations of the children. We know it contributes to their UCAS points when they go to university so it’s thinking ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“It was wonderful because it was also the day the SAT league tables came out and we know Northwold is the highest performing school in Hackney and the third top one in London.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing