Clapton primary celebrates getting new playgrounds, library and great SAT results
- Credit: Archant
A primary school had several great reasons to celebrate last Friday.
Two new playgrounds and a library were unveiled at Northwold Primary School in Northwold Road, Clapton in a special opening ceremony.
There were performances from the school’s steel band and a school dance troupe, who danced to a soundtrack produced by pupils.
Head teacher Alison Kriel said: “The school has been trying to improve the environment so the children have a school they are proud of. If they’re in a really pleasant environment and have a good play provision it helps them with their learning.
“We teach nine instruments at the school. All children have the right to learn a musical instrument for free. We do it because we have big aspirations of the children. We know it contributes to their UCAS points when they go to university so it’s thinking ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“It was wonderful because it was also the day the SAT league tables came out and we know Northwold is the highest performing school in Hackney and the third top one in London.”
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images