Clapton primary celebrates getting new playgrounds, library and great SAT results
- Credit: Archant
A primary school had several great reasons to celebrate last Friday.
Two new playgrounds and a library were unveiled at Northwold Primary School in Northwold Road, Clapton in a special opening ceremony.
There were performances from the school’s steel band and a school dance troupe, who danced to a soundtrack produced by pupils.
Head teacher Alison Kriel said: “The school has been trying to improve the environment so the children have a school they are proud of. If they’re in a really pleasant environment and have a good play provision it helps them with their learning.
“We teach nine instruments at the school. All children have the right to learn a musical instrument for free. We do it because we have big aspirations of the children. We know it contributes to their UCAS points when they go to university so it’s thinking ahead.
You may also want to watch:
“It was wonderful because it was also the day the SAT league tables came out and we know Northwold is the highest performing school in Hackney and the third top one in London.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 7 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'