Coronavirus: London Fields nursery will provide childcare for key workers
- Credit: FountNursery
A Hackney nursery will remain open during the Coronavirus lockdown offering reduced childcare costs for key workers as well as a nanny service for parents needing extra help.
Most schools and nurseries closed on March 20 to help slow the spread of Covid-19 but FountNursery on Westgate Street will continue providing key workers childcare for children aged six months to 11 years old to ensure parents can carry out jobs vital to public health and safety.
Victoria Gottshalk from the nurseries parent company FountLondon said: “At such an uncertain time, it’s paramount those who are still required to work have as little stress as possible and we want to help out wherever we can.
Those parents are keeping the country going and need all the support they can get.”
The governments list of key workers includes people working in health and social care, education and childcare, key public services, local and national government, food and necessary goods, public safety and national security, transport, utilities, communication and financial services.
You may also want to watch:
FountNursery has been rated as Outstanding by Ofsted.
To find out more about FountNursery click here
To book click here
For the latest council updates on coronavirus, including for people or businesses needing support, click here.
For the latest coronavirus news from Hackney and across London join our Facebook group here.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens