Coronavirus: London Fields nursery will provide childcare for key workers
- Credit: FountNursery
A Hackney nursery will remain open during the Coronavirus lockdown offering reduced childcare costs for key workers as well as a nanny service for parents needing extra help.
Most schools and nurseries closed on March 20 to help slow the spread of Covid-19 but FountNursery on Westgate Street will continue providing key workers childcare for children aged six months to 11 years old to ensure parents can carry out jobs vital to public health and safety.
Victoria Gottshalk from the nurseries parent company FountLondon said: “At such an uncertain time, it’s paramount those who are still required to work have as little stress as possible and we want to help out wherever we can.
Those parents are keeping the country going and need all the support they can get.”
The governments list of key workers includes people working in health and social care, education and childcare, key public services, local and national government, food and necessary goods, public safety and national security, transport, utilities, communication and financial services.
You may also want to watch:
FountNursery has been rated as Outstanding by Ofsted.
To find out more about FountNursery click here
To book click here
For the latest council updates on coronavirus, including for people or businesses needing support, click here.
For the latest coronavirus news from Hackney and across London join our Facebook group here.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown