Culinary students test their skills out alongside pros at college’s new Hoxton restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Culinary students put their skills to the test alongside professional chefs at a new Hoxton restaurant.
In June New City College opened OKN1 (Open Kitchen N1) at their Hackney campus in Hoxton Street. It allows the college's culinary students to get real world experience cooking for paying customers.
The reviews have been positive with one person online saying she made sure to eat the food slowly to savour every bite.
CEO and Principal New City College Gerry McDonald said: "It is the perfect marriage between having a professional team running the restaurant and leading and training our students who will work here."
The chef de partie, Scott, is an ex-student and said that his teachers inspired him to come back to the restaurant to show the students the culinary dream is possible.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant is open seven days a week and serves a modern European menu with a focus on seasonal produce.
Information can be found at okn1.co.uk.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park