Culinary students test their skills out alongside pros at college’s new Hoxton restaurant
- Credit: Archant
Culinary students put their skills to the test alongside professional chefs at a new Hoxton restaurant.
In June New City College opened OKN1 (Open Kitchen N1) at their Hackney campus in Hoxton Street. It allows the college's culinary students to get real world experience cooking for paying customers.
The reviews have been positive with one person online saying she made sure to eat the food slowly to savour every bite.
CEO and Principal New City College Gerry McDonald said: "It is the perfect marriage between having a professional team running the restaurant and leading and training our students who will work here."
The chef de partie, Scott, is an ex-student and said that his teachers inspired him to come back to the restaurant to show the students the culinary dream is possible.
You may also want to watch:
The restaurant is open seven days a week and serves a modern European menu with a focus on seasonal produce.
Information can be found at okn1.co.uk.
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 9 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 10 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26