Dalston youngsters shine in Christmas Eve radio concert
- Credit: Archant
Dalston youngsters will perform alongside showbiz stars including Welsh mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins, Citizen Smith actor Robert Lindsay and Bridget Jones’ Diary actress Sally Phillips, in a concert to be broadcast on radio on Christmas Eve.
The pupils aged 7 to 11 from Colvestone Primary School Choir in Colvestone Crescent are appearing in the Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts’ annual carol concert which will be played on Classic FM.
Presenter Margherita Taylor hosted the concert which was recorded in early December, and also includes performances from acclaimed violinist Jennifer Pike, CMS Chorale and Freshfields Choir.
Pupils took part as they have been working on a three year Children and the Arts’ arts programme, aimed at inspiring them to engage with the arts through creative activities.
Last year the school’s choir joined jazz singer and entertainer Joe Stilgoe in a duet at the annual concert.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Yates, year 5 class teacher said: “It’s such a wonderful experience for them as they normally only ever get to perform at school assemblies and our summer fete, and never to the size of audience at this year’s concert.”
Classic FM is broadcasting the concert on Christmas Eve at 7pm.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack