Dalston youngsters shine in Christmas Eve radio concert
- Credit: Archant
Dalston youngsters will perform alongside showbiz stars including Welsh mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins, Citizen Smith actor Robert Lindsay and Bridget Jones’ Diary actress Sally Phillips, in a concert to be broadcast on radio on Christmas Eve.
The pupils aged 7 to 11 from Colvestone Primary School Choir in Colvestone Crescent are appearing in the Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts’ annual carol concert which will be played on Classic FM.
Presenter Margherita Taylor hosted the concert which was recorded in early December, and also includes performances from acclaimed violinist Jennifer Pike, CMS Chorale and Freshfields Choir.
Pupils took part as they have been working on a three year Children and the Arts’ arts programme, aimed at inspiring them to engage with the arts through creative activities.
Last year the school’s choir joined jazz singer and entertainer Joe Stilgoe in a duet at the annual concert.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Yates, year 5 class teacher said: “It’s such a wonderful experience for them as they normally only ever get to perform at school assemblies and our summer fete, and never to the size of audience at this year’s concert.”
Classic FM is broadcasting the concert on Christmas Eve at 7pm.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?