Find out how your child’s Hackney school fared in latest GCSE league tables
- Credit: Archant
Mossbourne Community Academy and the City of London Academy Hackney have been recognised as the top performing schools for progress in Hackney.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of the first students to sit new, tougher GCSEs in English and maths.
The tables use raw GCSE results from last year and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
Hackney is the 12th best performing borough in London for Progress 8, with a combined score of 0.38.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2017 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Mossbourne Community Academy: 1.07
The City of London Academy, Hackney: 1.06
Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School: 0.74
Cardinal Pole Catholic School: 0.62
The Bridge Academy: 0.53
Our Lady’s Convent High School: 0.5
Clapton Girls’ Academy: 0.49
The Urswick School: 0.17
Lubavitch House School: 0.14
Stoke Newington School: 0.06
The Petchey Academy: 0.05
The Skinners’ Academy: 0.02
Haggerston School: -0.09