Find out how your child’s Hackney school fared in latest GCSE league tables
- Credit: Archant
Mossbourne Community Academy and the City of London Academy Hackney have been recognised as the top performing schools for progress in Hackney.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of the first students to sit new, tougher GCSEs in English and maths.
The tables use raw GCSE results from last year and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
Hackney is the 12th best performing borough in London for Progress 8, with a combined score of 0.38.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2017 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Mossbourne Community Academy: 1.07
The City of London Academy, Hackney: 1.06
Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School: 0.74
Cardinal Pole Catholic School: 0.62
The Bridge Academy: 0.53
Our Lady’s Convent High School: 0.5
Clapton Girls’ Academy: 0.49
The Urswick School: 0.17
Lubavitch House School: 0.14
Stoke Newington School: 0.06
The Petchey Academy: 0.05
The Skinners’ Academy: 0.02
Haggerston School: -0.09