Find out how your child’s Hackney school fared in latest GCSE league tables
- Credit: Archant
Mossbourne Community Academy and the City of London Academy Hackney have been recognised as the top performing schools for progress in Hackney.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of the first students to sit new, tougher GCSEs in English and maths.
The tables use raw GCSE results from last year and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
Hackney is the 12th best performing borough in London for Progress 8, with a combined score of 0.38.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2017 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
Mossbourne Community Academy: 1.07
The City of London Academy, Hackney: 1.06
Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School: 0.74
Cardinal Pole Catholic School: 0.62
The Bridge Academy: 0.53
Our Lady’s Convent High School: 0.5
Clapton Girls’ Academy: 0.49
The Urswick School: 0.17
Lubavitch House School: 0.14
Stoke Newington School: 0.06
The Petchey Academy: 0.05
The Skinners’ Academy: 0.02
Haggerston School: -0.09