Find out how your child’s Hackney school fared in latest GCSE league tables
- Credit: Archant
Mossbourne Community Academy and the City of London Academy Hackney have been recognised as the top performing schools for progress in Hackney.
Today (Thursday) the Department for Education published secondary school league tables, featuring the results of the first students to sit new, tougher GCSEs in English and maths.
The tables use raw GCSE results from last year and a raft of data from the DforE to evaluate how well pupils progress in a school since starting in secondary school and sitting their exams – resulting in Progress 8 and Attainment 8 scores.
Progress 8 scores are centred around 0, with most schools within the range of -1 to +1. The data shows how many schools have missed the government’s floor standard of -0.5.
Hackney is the 12th best performing borough in London for Progress 8, with a combined score of 0.38.
You may also want to watch:
Overall performance at end of key stage 4 in 2017 (Progress 8):
‘Well above average’:
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 10 Met officer cleared over moped rider's death during Stoke Newington chase
Mossbourne Community Academy: 1.07
The City of London Academy, Hackney: 1.06
Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School: 0.74
Cardinal Pole Catholic School: 0.62
The Bridge Academy: 0.53
Our Lady’s Convent High School: 0.5
Clapton Girls’ Academy: 0.49
The Urswick School: 0.17
Lubavitch House School: 0.14
Stoke Newington School: 0.06
The Petchey Academy: 0.05
The Skinners’ Academy: 0.02
Haggerston School: -0.09