First ever Clapton’s Got Talent show
Clapton Girls’ Academy hosted a magical night last Thursday with the first ever Clapton’s Got Talent Show.
The competition showcased a variety of acts from the academy in Laura Place, including vocalists, musicians, dance troupes and indie bands.
Magic did the trick for 13-year old illusionist Milly Croft who came out on top, with singer Zoe Sadler and contemporary dancer Jasmyn Fisher-Ryner as runners-up.
One of the judges, Theatre and Film School Director Anna Fiorentini, was so impressed by the performances she also awarded scholarships to students Loren Wallace, Julie Charlise Pereira and Zara Hennessy, and fellow judge Susie McKenna from the Hackney Empire granted all the winners a place in her theatre’s Youth Takeover Weekend next February.
“I walked into school still feeling the buzz and honestly couldn’t stop smiling’ said 17-year old compere Hafsa Khatun.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised over �1,500 for extracurricular activities.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school