First ever Clapton’s Got Talent show
Clapton Girls’ Academy hosted a magical night last Thursday with the first ever Clapton’s Got Talent Show.
The competition showcased a variety of acts from the academy in Laura Place, including vocalists, musicians, dance troupes and indie bands.
Magic did the trick for 13-year old illusionist Milly Croft who came out on top, with singer Zoe Sadler and contemporary dancer Jasmyn Fisher-Ryner as runners-up.
One of the judges, Theatre and Film School Director Anna Fiorentini, was so impressed by the performances she also awarded scholarships to students Loren Wallace, Julie Charlise Pereira and Zara Hennessy, and fellow judge Susie McKenna from the Hackney Empire granted all the winners a place in her theatre’s Youth Takeover Weekend next February.
“I walked into school still feeling the buzz and honestly couldn’t stop smiling’ said 17-year old compere Hafsa Khatun.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised over �1,500 for extracurricular activities.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition