GCSE results 2019: Stoke Newington School enjoys improved results again
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form have improved for the second year in a row.
The number of students achieving "strong passes" in English and maths, that is, grade 5 or above, is up to 56 per cent.
On average 81pc of students achieved grades 4 to 9 in the core subjects of English, maths and separate sciences.
There were also 104 level 9 grades overall, with five students gaining a 9 in both English and mathematics.
Creative subjects also fared well, with strong results in art, photography, media, resistant materials and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Zehra Jaffer said: "This is a fantastic achievement for our Year 11 - very well done on such a great performance. We are proud of each one of our students.
"Thank you to all the staff, students and their families for the hard work, determination and commitment in making this possible."
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: "Well done to all the students at our inclusive, community school are doing so well. We continue to achieve results which improve year on year and are well above national averages."