GCSE results 2019: Stoke Newington School enjoys improved results again
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form have improved for the second year in a row.
The number of students achieving "strong passes" in English and maths, that is, grade 5 or above, is up to 56 per cent.
On average 81pc of students achieved grades 4 to 9 in the core subjects of English, maths and separate sciences.
There were also 104 level 9 grades overall, with five students gaining a 9 in both English and mathematics.
Creative subjects also fared well, with strong results in art, photography, media, resistant materials and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Zehra Jaffer said: "This is a fantastic achievement for our Year 11 - very well done on such a great performance. We are proud of each one of our students.
"Thank you to all the staff, students and their families for the hard work, determination and commitment in making this possible."
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: "Well done to all the students at our inclusive, community school are doing so well. We continue to achieve results which improve year on year and are well above national averages."