GCSE results 2019: Stoke Newington School enjoys improved results again
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form have improved for the second year in a row.
The number of students achieving "strong passes" in English and maths, that is, grade 5 or above, is up to 56 per cent.
On average 81pc of students achieved grades 4 to 9 in the core subjects of English, maths and separate sciences.
There were also 104 level 9 grades overall, with five students gaining a 9 in both English and mathematics.
Creative subjects also fared well, with strong results in art, photography, media, resistant materials and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Zehra Jaffer said: "This is a fantastic achievement for our Year 11 - very well done on such a great performance. We are proud of each one of our students.
"Thank you to all the staff, students and their families for the hard work, determination and commitment in making this possible."
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: "Well done to all the students at our inclusive, community school are doing so well. We continue to achieve results which improve year on year and are well above national averages."