GCSE results 2019: Stoke Newington School enjoys improved results again
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results at Stoke Newington School and Sixth Form have improved for the second year in a row.
The number of students achieving "strong passes" in English and maths, that is, grade 5 or above, is up to 56 per cent.
On average 81pc of students achieved grades 4 to 9 in the core subjects of English, maths and separate sciences.
There were also 104 level 9 grades overall, with five students gaining a 9 in both English and mathematics.
Creative subjects also fared well, with strong results in art, photography, media, resistant materials and textiles.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Zehra Jaffer said: "This is a fantastic achievement for our Year 11 - very well done on such a great performance. We are proud of each one of our students.
"Thank you to all the staff, students and their families for the hard work, determination and commitment in making this possible."
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Chair of governors Crispin Truman added: "Well done to all the students at our inclusive, community school are doing so well. We continue to achieve results which improve year on year and are well above national averages."