Hackney BSix’s Ken Warman named Principal of the Year
Ken Warman from BSix has been named Principal of the Year.
He was given the accolade at the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) annual awards, in recognition of the college’s approach to the involvement of students in college life and decisions.
“I did think about turning down the award because I would have preferred Principal of the Decade, Century or Millennium,” joked Ken.
This is one of many awards being presented to the college in Kenninghall Road, including Outstanding Provider of the Year and a London Education Partnership award for raising achievement.
“These awards are not about individuals,” said Ken.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a much-welcome acknowledgement of the huge strides the College has made in recent years.”
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 10 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions