Hackney BSix’s Ken Warman named Principal of the Year
Ken Warman from BSix has been named Principal of the Year.
He was given the accolade at the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) annual awards, in recognition of the college’s approach to the involvement of students in college life and decisions.
“I did think about turning down the award because I would have preferred Principal of the Decade, Century or Millennium,” joked Ken.
This is one of many awards being presented to the college in Kenninghall Road, including Outstanding Provider of the Year and a London Education Partnership award for raising achievement.
“These awards are not about individuals,” said Ken.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a much-welcome acknowledgement of the huge strides the College has made in recent years.”
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries