Hackney BSix’s Ken Warman named Principal of the Year
Ken Warman from BSix has been named Principal of the Year.
He was given the accolade at the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) annual awards, in recognition of the college’s approach to the involvement of students in college life and decisions.
“I did think about turning down the award because I would have preferred Principal of the Decade, Century or Millennium,” joked Ken.
This is one of many awards being presented to the college in Kenninghall Road, including Outstanding Provider of the Year and a London Education Partnership award for raising achievement.
“These awards are not about individuals,” said Ken.
You may also want to watch:
“They are a much-welcome acknowledgement of the huge strides the College has made in recent years.”
- 1 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images