Hackney libraries offer free events for Family Learning Festival
Classes from Spanish to yoga on offer
FREE family events are on offer in Hackney’s libraries to celebrate a festival which starts tomorrow.
The Family Learning Festival runs until the end of the month at all the borough’s libraries.
Parents and children alike can join together in a range of activities from music and poetry workshops to yoga.
Classes in useful skills including Spanish or Maths are also available.
Cabinet member for community services, Jonathan McShane, said: “Hackney libraries offer a fun way to learn as a family.”
Most sessions do not need booking but all children attending the sessions must be accompanied by an adult.
- 1 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 2 Covid patient numbers at Homerton Hospital with Plan B rules set to lift
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Upper Clapton college celebrates recovery after glowing Ofsted report
- 5 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 6 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 7 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 8 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 9 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
Visit www.hackney.gov.uk/cl-libraries-whats-on to see the full list of activities or ask at your local library.