Hackney New School drum teacher makes Glastonbury debut
- Credit: pat venditti
A drum teacher made his Glastonbury debut at the festival on Sunday – much to the delight of his pupils at Hackney New School.
Todd Speakman played drums with a silver mask covering his face alongside his brother Guy on keyboards in their band Speakman Sound. The pair played the BBC Music Introducing stage marquee.
It claims to showcase the UK’s finest under-the-radar musicians and “soon-to-be-superstar” bands.
Todd told the Gazette afterwards it had been amazing to make it there.
“It’s been my lifelong dream, having grown up in Glastonbury and coming to the festival since I was two years old,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
His ambition is to make it to the pyramid stage next – where Radiohead, the Foo Fighters and Ed Sheeran were headlining.
The “Introducing” stage also hosts some special surprise slots – like punk band The Slaves, who came on straight afterwards.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex