Hackney New School plans two open days for prospective secondary school pupils
Hackney New School will be holding two open days for prospective secondary students.
The school, which will specialise in music, was given the go-ahead over the summer to open in September 2013 as part of the government’s free schools strategy
The open day on Saturday September 22 will include a workshop for youngsters with the Junk Orchestra, while children will be able to participate in a song writing session on Saturday September 29.
Places are limited to 30 children and the session will start at 2.30pm, with a mini concert at 3.15pm.
Both open days take place at Our Lady & St Joseph Primary School in Buckingham Road from 2pm to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s team hope to announce a location for the school in South West Hackney by the end of the month.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 9 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space