Hackney New School plans two open days for prospective secondary school pupils
Hackney New School will be holding two open days for prospective secondary students.
The school, which will specialise in music, was given the go-ahead over the summer to open in September 2013 as part of the government’s free schools strategy
The open day on Saturday September 22 will include a workshop for youngsters with the Junk Orchestra, while children will be able to participate in a song writing session on Saturday September 29.
Places are limited to 30 children and the session will start at 2.30pm, with a mini concert at 3.15pm.
Both open days take place at Our Lady & St Joseph Primary School in Buckingham Road from 2pm to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The school’s team hope to announce a location for the school in South West Hackney by the end of the month.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed