Hackney police dress as elves for horseback Santa school visit
- Credit: Archant
Neighbourhood police make a special Christmas visit on horseback to Kingsmead Primary School.
Officers from Shoreditch neighbourhood police, dressed as Santa’s elves, arrived with an officer dressed as the man himself on a horse, to deliver presents to the school in Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
Presents for all pupils to enjoy were donated to the school by the police who raised the money for them from local businesses and donations from the public.
Sgt Sue Wright said: “It’s nice for us to be there for the good things in life not just the difficult things”.
Louise Nichols, executive head teacher of Kingsmead School added: “The children were so excited to see all the lovely presents and especially the police dressed as elves.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to thank everyone who donated to give our children such a great surprise.”
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 7 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate