Hackney police dress as elves for horseback Santa school visit
- Credit: Archant
Neighbourhood police make a special Christmas visit on horseback to Kingsmead Primary School.
Officers from Shoreditch neighbourhood police, dressed as Santa’s elves, arrived with an officer dressed as the man himself on a horse, to deliver presents to the school in Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
Presents for all pupils to enjoy were donated to the school by the police who raised the money for them from local businesses and donations from the public.
Sgt Sue Wright said: “It’s nice for us to be there for the good things in life not just the difficult things”.
Louise Nichols, executive head teacher of Kingsmead School added: “The children were so excited to see all the lovely presents and especially the police dressed as elves.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to thank everyone who donated to give our children such a great surprise.”
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse