Hackney police dress as elves for horseback Santa school visit
- Credit: Archant
Neighbourhood police make a special Christmas visit on horseback to Kingsmead Primary School.
Officers from Shoreditch neighbourhood police, dressed as Santa’s elves, arrived with an officer dressed as the man himself on a horse, to deliver presents to the school in Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
Presents for all pupils to enjoy were donated to the school by the police who raised the money for them from local businesses and donations from the public.
Sgt Sue Wright said: “It’s nice for us to be there for the good things in life not just the difficult things”.
Louise Nichols, executive head teacher of Kingsmead School added: “The children were so excited to see all the lovely presents and especially the police dressed as elves.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to thank everyone who donated to give our children such a great surprise.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder