Hackney police dress as elves for horseback Santa school visit
- Credit: Archant
Neighbourhood police make a special Christmas visit on horseback to Kingsmead Primary School.
Officers from Shoreditch neighbourhood police, dressed as Santa’s elves, arrived with an officer dressed as the man himself on a horse, to deliver presents to the school in Kingsmead Way, Homerton.
Presents for all pupils to enjoy were donated to the school by the police who raised the money for them from local businesses and donations from the public.
Sgt Sue Wright said: “It’s nice for us to be there for the good things in life not just the difficult things”.
Louise Nichols, executive head teacher of Kingsmead School added: “The children were so excited to see all the lovely presents and especially the police dressed as elves.
You may also want to watch:
I would like to thank everyone who donated to give our children such a great surprise.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 9 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director