Hackney’s academy pupils to perform at Sadler’s Wells
Budding dancers from the Petchey Academy have been chosen from 150 schools across London to perform at Sadler’s Wells this Sunday (July 17).
The school in Shacklewell Row will showcase contemporary dance style for Step LIVE!
The annual showcase comes from Step into Dance, a London-wide dance initiative for 11-16 year olds, a collaboration between the Royal Academy Of Dance and philanthropic organisation the Jack Petchey Foundation.
Sue Goodman, the programme’s artistic director, said: “So many young people are without focus and dance is the one thing that can really grab their imaginations and offer the physical discipline that helps them in all areas of their young lives.”
Other dance styles on show at the Roseberry Avenue theatre include Bollywood, street dance, jazz, hip hop and ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 4.30pm for free foyer events, the show starts at 6.30pm, for tickets visit www.sadlerswells.com
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition