Hackney’s academy pupils to perform at Sadler’s Wells
Budding dancers from the Petchey Academy have been chosen from 150 schools across London to perform at Sadler’s Wells this Sunday (July 17).
The school in Shacklewell Row will showcase contemporary dance style for Step LIVE!
The annual showcase comes from Step into Dance, a London-wide dance initiative for 11-16 year olds, a collaboration between the Royal Academy Of Dance and philanthropic organisation the Jack Petchey Foundation.
Sue Goodman, the programme’s artistic director, said: “So many young people are without focus and dance is the one thing that can really grab their imaginations and offer the physical discipline that helps them in all areas of their young lives.”
Other dance styles on show at the Roseberry Avenue theatre include Bollywood, street dance, jazz, hip hop and ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 4.30pm for free foyer events, the show starts at 6.30pm, for tickets visit www.sadlerswells.com
- 1 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 2 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 3 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 4 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 5 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington