Hackney’s academy pupils to perform at Sadler’s Wells
Budding dancers from the Petchey Academy have been chosen from 150 schools across London to perform at Sadler’s Wells this Sunday (July 17).
The school in Shacklewell Row will showcase contemporary dance style for Step LIVE!
The annual showcase comes from Step into Dance, a London-wide dance initiative for 11-16 year olds, a collaboration between the Royal Academy Of Dance and philanthropic organisation the Jack Petchey Foundation.
Sue Goodman, the programme’s artistic director, said: “So many young people are without focus and dance is the one thing that can really grab their imaginations and offer the physical discipline that helps them in all areas of their young lives.”
Other dance styles on show at the Roseberry Avenue theatre include Bollywood, street dance, jazz, hip hop and ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 4.30pm for free foyer events, the show starts at 6.30pm, for tickets visit www.sadlerswells.com
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 5 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 8 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week