Hackney’s academy pupils to perform at Sadler’s Wells
Budding dancers from the Petchey Academy have been chosen from 150 schools across London to perform at Sadler’s Wells this Sunday (July 17).
The school in Shacklewell Row will showcase contemporary dance style for Step LIVE!
The annual showcase comes from Step into Dance, a London-wide dance initiative for 11-16 year olds, a collaboration between the Royal Academy Of Dance and philanthropic organisation the Jack Petchey Foundation.
Sue Goodman, the programme’s artistic director, said: “So many young people are without focus and dance is the one thing that can really grab their imaginations and offer the physical discipline that helps them in all areas of their young lives.”
Other dance styles on show at the Roseberry Avenue theatre include Bollywood, street dance, jazz, hip hop and ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 4.30pm for free foyer events, the show starts at 6.30pm, for tickets visit www.sadlerswells.com
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets