Hackney’s City Academy “outstanding”
Academy in Homerton Row opened 18 months ago
School inspectors have branded the latest academy to open in Hackney “outstanding.”
Ofsted officers considered that The City Academy in Homerton Row has made “outstanding progress towards raising standards,” since it opened 18 months ago.
The report says that year 8 students are progressing at a standard that is above average for their age, that progress is outstanding overall and that the most progress is made in mathematics.
Inspectors observed lessons, scrutinised achievement levels and met with staff, students and sponsors to make their assessment.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Mark Emmerson said: “This was the most rigorous inspection I have ever been involved in.
“There are so few schools who achieve this outcome at this stage in their development, and it is a team effort by staff, students and sponsors that makes The Academy outstanding.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
The Academy’s links with its sponsors - municipal governing body The City of London Corporation and professional services firm KPMG – which give it a specialist Business and Enterprise status, were believed to have had a “significant impact on raising achievement.”