Hackney’s City Academy “outstanding”
Academy in Homerton Row opened 18 months ago
School inspectors have branded the latest academy to open in Hackney “outstanding.”
Ofsted officers considered that The City Academy in Homerton Row has made “outstanding progress towards raising standards,” since it opened 18 months ago.
The report says that year 8 students are progressing at a standard that is above average for their age, that progress is outstanding overall and that the most progress is made in mathematics.
Inspectors observed lessons, scrutinised achievement levels and met with staff, students and sponsors to make their assessment.
Principal Mark Emmerson said: “This was the most rigorous inspection I have ever been involved in.
“There are so few schools who achieve this outcome at this stage in their development, and it is a team effort by staff, students and sponsors that makes The Academy outstanding.”
- 1 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 2 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
- 3 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 4 'Major victory': Ridley Road Shopping Village's future secured
- 5 Hackney council home tenants to see rents increase
- 6 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 7 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 8 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 9 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 10 Upper Clapton college celebrates recovery after glowing Ofsted report
The Academy’s links with its sponsors - municipal governing body The City of London Corporation and professional services firm KPMG – which give it a specialist Business and Enterprise status, were believed to have had a “significant impact on raising achievement.”