Hackney tots’ graduation celebration
Smiles ahead of next big step for toddlers.
LITTLE stars donned graduation gowns to celebrate their move from nursery to primary school.
Six four-year-olds from the Teddy Bear School House Nurseries in Beechwood Road, Dalston, and Mayola Road, Lower Clapton, were presented with certificates and scrolls to mark the completion of the first stage of their education.
Nursery teachers congratulated the youngsters as well as their proud parents.
Rev Rose Hudson-Wilkin, vicar of the United Benefice of Holy Trinity with St Philip Church in Beechwood Road, Dalston, where the nursery is located, gave an encouraging speech.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery director Mo Lalude said: “The graduation was held to mark one of the many transitions the children will experience in life.
“It is our way of sending them off and wishing the children and their families well for the future.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
The six, pictured from left to right, are Tobeya Ikeyina, Louie Laird, Kwabena Donkor, Paige Nicholas, Regan Smith and Jerome Mullings.