Hackney tots’ graduation celebration
Smiles ahead of next big step for toddlers.
LITTLE stars donned graduation gowns to celebrate their move from nursery to primary school.
Six four-year-olds from the Teddy Bear School House Nurseries in Beechwood Road, Dalston, and Mayola Road, Lower Clapton, were presented with certificates and scrolls to mark the completion of the first stage of their education.
Nursery teachers congratulated the youngsters as well as their proud parents.
Rev Rose Hudson-Wilkin, vicar of the United Benefice of Holy Trinity with St Philip Church in Beechwood Road, Dalston, where the nursery is located, gave an encouraging speech.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery director Mo Lalude said: “The graduation was held to mark one of the many transitions the children will experience in life.
“It is our way of sending them off and wishing the children and their families well for the future.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
The six, pictured from left to right, are Tobeya Ikeyina, Louie Laird, Kwabena Donkor, Paige Nicholas, Regan Smith and Jerome Mullings.