Hackney tots’ graduation celebration
Smiles ahead of next big step for toddlers.
LITTLE stars donned graduation gowns to celebrate their move from nursery to primary school.
Six four-year-olds from the Teddy Bear School House Nurseries in Beechwood Road, Dalston, and Mayola Road, Lower Clapton, were presented with certificates and scrolls to mark the completion of the first stage of their education.
Nursery teachers congratulated the youngsters as well as their proud parents.
Rev Rose Hudson-Wilkin, vicar of the United Benefice of Holy Trinity with St Philip Church in Beechwood Road, Dalston, where the nursery is located, gave an encouraging speech.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery director Mo Lalude said: “The graduation was held to mark one of the many transitions the children will experience in life.
“It is our way of sending them off and wishing the children and their families well for the future.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
The six, pictured from left to right, are Tobeya Ikeyina, Louie Laird, Kwabena Donkor, Paige Nicholas, Regan Smith and Jerome Mullings.