Hackney UTC pupil wins BT photo competition
- Credit: Archant
A stunning photograph of the London landscape taken at the top of the iconic BT Tower by a 14-year old has been picked as the winning entry in a photography competition.
Haider Romero Perez’s image shone above many entries by more experienced, older students is now featured on the cover of BT’s new “Together for a Better London” publication
The image entitled Brave, which was taken looking south towards Battersea Power Station was described by judges as “capturing the vibrancy of London from the top of the tower.”
Haider, who specialises in digital media at Hackney University Technical College in Kingsland High Street, Shoreditch, took part in the photography competition as part of a school project.
“Something clicked when I found out I’d won the competition and it’s helped me discover something; it told me I can be a bigger person than I am now and that I can achieve if I try hard enough,” said Haider, who lives in Clapton.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney UTC opened in September and students specialise in digital or medical technology at the age of 14.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed