Hackney UTC pupil wins BT photo competition
- Credit: Archant
A stunning photograph of the London landscape taken at the top of the iconic BT Tower by a 14-year old has been picked as the winning entry in a photography competition.
Haider Romero Perez’s image shone above many entries by more experienced, older students is now featured on the cover of BT’s new “Together for a Better London” publication
The image entitled Brave, which was taken looking south towards Battersea Power Station was described by judges as “capturing the vibrancy of London from the top of the tower.”
Haider, who specialises in digital media at Hackney University Technical College in Kingsland High Street, Shoreditch, took part in the photography competition as part of a school project.
“Something clicked when I found out I’d won the competition and it’s helped me discover something; it told me I can be a bigger person than I am now and that I can achieve if I try hard enough,” said Haider, who lives in Clapton.
You may also want to watch:
Hackney UTC opened in September and students specialise in digital or medical technology at the age of 14.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 5 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 6 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift