Hackney Wick pupils score new shirt deal
- Credit: Archant
Budding footballers will look sharp on the pitch after a generous business donated new kits to their school.
Excited pupils from Gainsborough Primary School in Berkshire Road, Hackney Wick, were presented with the red strips in assembly last week.
They were paid for by supply teacher recruitment firm, Vision Teaching, and went to children aged eight to 11.
PE leader at the school Diana Chapman said: “The kids were delighted because the shirts have got Gainsborough Primary School written on them.
“The smaller kids were motivated to join the team.
You may also want to watch:
“It increases awareness of PE in school, encourages the kids to be more motivated and have a good attitude towards learning in PE and other subjects.”
She added: “The kits are worth £200, so it also saves us a lot of money.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service