Hackney Wick pupils score new shirt deal
- Credit: Archant
Budding footballers will look sharp on the pitch after a generous business donated new kits to their school.
Excited pupils from Gainsborough Primary School in Berkshire Road, Hackney Wick, were presented with the red strips in assembly last week.
They were paid for by supply teacher recruitment firm, Vision Teaching, and went to children aged eight to 11.
PE leader at the school Diana Chapman said: “The kids were delighted because the shirts have got Gainsborough Primary School written on them.
“The smaller kids were motivated to join the team.
You may also want to watch:
“It increases awareness of PE in school, encourages the kids to be more motivated and have a good attitude towards learning in PE and other subjects.”
She added: “The kits are worth £200, so it also saves us a lot of money.”
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 3 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 7 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate