Hackney Wick pupils score new shirt deal
- Credit: Archant
Budding footballers will look sharp on the pitch after a generous business donated new kits to their school.
Excited pupils from Gainsborough Primary School in Berkshire Road, Hackney Wick, were presented with the red strips in assembly last week.
They were paid for by supply teacher recruitment firm, Vision Teaching, and went to children aged eight to 11.
PE leader at the school Diana Chapman said: “The kids were delighted because the shirts have got Gainsborough Primary School written on them.
“The smaller kids were motivated to join the team.
You may also want to watch:
“It increases awareness of PE in school, encourages the kids to be more motivated and have a good attitude towards learning in PE and other subjects.”
She added: “The kits are worth £200, so it also saves us a lot of money.”
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 8 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 9 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways