Hackney youngsters are picture perfect at award ceremony
TALENTED Hackney youngsters snapped up awards this week as part of a special photography exhibition.
The ten young photographers saw their work displayed at the Robin Redmond Resource Centre in Finsbury Park on Saturday, with first, second and third prizes going to Sabaa Abdulhamid, 11, Busayo Oyedoyin, 10, and Tomisin Oyedoyin, 9.
The free exhibition followed the jam-packed Woodberry Down 2010 summer programme, which included a photography course.
As part of the award ceremony, run by Genesis Housing group, another 28 young people were honoured for their efforts in the summer course, which included football and music production sessions.
Sharon Gaspard, youth coordinator for Woodberry Down, said: “The great success of this day was due in large part to all the help from my colleagues at Woodberry Down and from our partners Not in Vain - a community organisation working with young people and focusing on tackling gun and knife crime.
You may also want to watch:
“The turnout by the young people and their families was amazing. I am proud to say that one of our local residents, Ian Kleinberg, helped set up this photo exhibition and he will soon be starting the Woodberry Down Camera Club.”
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls