Hackney youngsters are picture perfect at award ceremony
TALENTED Hackney youngsters snapped up awards this week as part of a special photography exhibition.
The ten young photographers saw their work displayed at the Robin Redmond Resource Centre in Finsbury Park on Saturday, with first, second and third prizes going to Sabaa Abdulhamid, 11, Busayo Oyedoyin, 10, and Tomisin Oyedoyin, 9.
The free exhibition followed the jam-packed Woodberry Down 2010 summer programme, which included a photography course.
As part of the award ceremony, run by Genesis Housing group, another 28 young people were honoured for their efforts in the summer course, which included football and music production sessions.
Sharon Gaspard, youth coordinator for Woodberry Down, said: “The great success of this day was due in large part to all the help from my colleagues at Woodberry Down and from our partners Not in Vain - a community organisation working with young people and focusing on tackling gun and knife crime.
You may also want to watch:
“The turnout by the young people and their families was amazing. I am proud to say that one of our local residents, Ian Kleinberg, helped set up this photo exhibition and he will soon be starting the Woodberry Down Camera Club.”
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney