Hoxton pupils visit Downing Street for cabinet meeting
- Credit: Archant
Six primary school pupils form Hackney paid a trip to Downing Street last month to host a cabinet meeting.
The pupils brewed creative ideas and gave themselves fictional ministerial titles such as Minister for Stunts and Minister for Laughter.
The trip marked the one-year anniversary of charity Ministry for Stories (MoS) which was set up to boost creativity and literacy among eight to 18-year-olds from East London.
The charity was set up by celebrated author Nick Hornby, who said: “We were delighted to be invited back to No 10 after the reception hosted by the Prime Minister to mark the launch of the Ministry of Stories in November 2010.
“Since then, MoS has gone from strength to strength, working with over 2,000 children a year and engaging a huge number of volunteers, teachers, parents, writers and other artists in its work.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the quality of this work, combined with the organisation’s ambitious creative ideas and plans for the future which we hope will inspire people to support the MoS in becoming a permanent fixture in east London.”
Pupils from St Monica’s Roman Catholic Primary School in Hoxton Square, Hoxton Square, Burbage School in Ivy Street, Hoxton and St John the Baptist Primary School in Crondall Street, Hoxton took part in the expedition.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 3 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing