In pictures: Hackney school children make ‘eggs-emplary’ Easter bonnets
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters rustled up with some “eggstra-ordinary” bonnet creations to mark Easter at Queensbridge School.
Almost every single one of the 500 children at the school in Queensbridge Road, Haggerston, made a bonnet at home which they then paraded in assembly.
Head teacher Sarah Bailey said: “They didn’t have to do an Easter theme, as we are so ethnically diverse, however the vast majority of the children did choose to do eggs and rabbits and chicks.
“We had some spring trees blooming out of people’s heads, there were some Sylvanian egg creations with tunnels, and we had a Lego hat.
“How shall I say, they were egg-stra egg-straordinary, and eggs-emplary.”
You may also want to watch:
The school term has now ended for a two week Easter break.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident