In pictures: Hackney school children make ‘eggs-emplary’ Easter bonnets
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters rustled up with some “eggstra-ordinary” bonnet creations to mark Easter at Queensbridge School.
Almost every single one of the 500 children at the school in Queensbridge Road, Haggerston, made a bonnet at home which they then paraded in assembly.
Head teacher Sarah Bailey said: “They didn’t have to do an Easter theme, as we are so ethnically diverse, however the vast majority of the children did choose to do eggs and rabbits and chicks.
“We had some spring trees blooming out of people’s heads, there were some Sylvanian egg creations with tunnels, and we had a Lego hat.
“How shall I say, they were egg-stra egg-straordinary, and eggs-emplary.”
You may also want to watch:
The school term has now ended for a two week Easter break.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods