Kids ready for fantastic Mr Fox
THESE kids were having fun dressing up as foxes and trees—and rehearsing to take part in a professional musical with a touring opera company.
The youngsters were at Whitechapel’s Toynbee Hall at the weekend, learning their parts for the English Touring Opera’s production of ‘Fantastic Mr Fox’.
It is being performed at the Hackney Empire on March 10, tickets �10-�32.
Tobias Picker’s musical is based on Roald Dahl’s famous story of the sinister machinations of the farmers as they do battle with a family of foxes, written for children and adults alike.
The cast line up includes Fiona Kimm as Agnes the Digger, an insatiable machine, and Nicholas Merryweather as the eponymous hero. Other characters include the philosophical and tipsy Rita the Rat and the villain Mr Bunce.
You may also want to watch:
The opera company works creatively with a large number of primary schools.
Fantastic Mr Fox has roles for children as fox cubs and as a chorus of trees, so in each venue two local schools take part in the performance itself.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase