Kids ready for fantastic Mr Fox
THESE kids were having fun dressing up as foxes and trees—and rehearsing to take part in a professional musical with a touring opera company.
The youngsters were at Whitechapel’s Toynbee Hall at the weekend, learning their parts for the English Touring Opera’s production of ‘Fantastic Mr Fox’.
It is being performed at the Hackney Empire on March 10, tickets �10-�32.
Tobias Picker’s musical is based on Roald Dahl’s famous story of the sinister machinations of the farmers as they do battle with a family of foxes, written for children and adults alike.
The cast line up includes Fiona Kimm as Agnes the Digger, an insatiable machine, and Nicholas Merryweather as the eponymous hero. Other characters include the philosophical and tipsy Rita the Rat and the villain Mr Bunce.
You may also want to watch:
The opera company works creatively with a large number of primary schools.
Fantastic Mr Fox has roles for children as fox cubs and as a chorus of trees, so in each venue two local schools take part in the performance itself.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12