L&Q grant for breakfast club
- Credit: Archant
Hackney children are tucking into free school breakfasts thanks to a slice of a £52,000 grant.
St Dominic’s Catholic Primary School in Ballance Road, Homerton is going to be supported to maintain its free breakfast club for 50 children every day thanks to more than £3,000 from housing association L&Q’s foundation and support from the Greggs Foundation.
More than 450 pupils attend St Dominic’s, which is one of 15 primary schools across London set to benefit from a £52,000 grant for breakfast clubs.
The housing association manages more than 1,400 homes in the borough, and the chosen schools are all in close proximity to at least 200 L&Q households.
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, said: “Through the Mayor’s Fund for London and our other schools programmes, we’re already achieving a great deal to ensure more young Londoners have a good start to the day.
You may also want to watch:
“This new investment in breakfast clubs by L&Q and Greggs means that even more youngsters will be set up for a day of learning at school.”
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12