Learn how to skate like a pro this half term
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed roller-skate workshop will give Hackney’s children and young people the chance to learn skills and tricks to skate like a seasoned professional.
The free event on Thursday February 19 in Dalston’s Gillett Square will be led by two of the UK’s leading roller skate experts, Ceejay and Mr Special from My Life On 8, who will showcase an acrobatic skate performance throughout the afternoon.
Roller skating equipment will be available to borrow.
Cllr Jonathan McShane, cabinet member for health, social care and culture, said: “This fantastic free event is a great way for a young person to spend a half term afternoon, learning new skills and watching some exciting performances.
“Following the workshop, I hope that young people are inspired to take-up roller skating as a hobby. It’s a great way to stay fit and healthy whilst exploring Hackney’s wonderful parks.”
Workshops will be taking place at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3:30pm.
Skating performances from Mr Special and Ceejay will start at 3pm.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 10 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant