Learn how to skate like a pro this half term
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed roller-skate workshop will give Hackney’s children and young people the chance to learn skills and tricks to skate like a seasoned professional.
The free event on Thursday February 19 in Dalston’s Gillett Square will be led by two of the UK’s leading roller skate experts, Ceejay and Mr Special from My Life On 8, who will showcase an acrobatic skate performance throughout the afternoon.
Roller skating equipment will be available to borrow.
Cllr Jonathan McShane, cabinet member for health, social care and culture, said: “This fantastic free event is a great way for a young person to spend a half term afternoon, learning new skills and watching some exciting performances.
“Following the workshop, I hope that young people are inspired to take-up roller skating as a hobby. It’s a great way to stay fit and healthy whilst exploring Hackney’s wonderful parks.”
You may also want to watch:
Workshops will be taking place at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3:30pm.
Skating performances from Mr Special and Ceejay will start at 3pm.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12