Learn how to skate like a pro this half term
- Credit: Archant
A jam-packed roller-skate workshop will give Hackney’s children and young people the chance to learn skills and tricks to skate like a seasoned professional.
The free event on Thursday February 19 in Dalston’s Gillett Square will be led by two of the UK’s leading roller skate experts, Ceejay and Mr Special from My Life On 8, who will showcase an acrobatic skate performance throughout the afternoon.
Roller skating equipment will be available to borrow.
Cllr Jonathan McShane, cabinet member for health, social care and culture, said: “This fantastic free event is a great way for a young person to spend a half term afternoon, learning new skills and watching some exciting performances.
“Following the workshop, I hope that young people are inspired to take-up roller skating as a hobby. It’s a great way to stay fit and healthy whilst exploring Hackney’s wonderful parks.”
You may also want to watch:
Workshops will be taking place at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3:30pm.
Skating performances from Mr Special and Ceejay will start at 3pm.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service