List of Hackney schools closed or affected by tomorrow’s teachers’ strike
- Credit: Archant
More than 50 schools will be partly or fully closed tomorrow due to a national teachers’ strike.
The National Union of Teachers (NUT) is staging a walk out over pay and conditions.
As a result, the majority of schools have been forced to close, leaving just 12 open as normal.
Below is a list of the schools which have confirmed how they will be affected by tomorrow’s one-day strike.
If your child’s school is not listed here, our advice is to contact the school directly.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Baden Powell Primary School
Berger Primary School
Comet Nursery School
Gainsborough Primary School
Grasmere Primary School
Millfields Community School
Rushmore Primary School
Thomas Fairchild Community School
Colvestone Primary School - Open for Reception, Year 2, Year, 3 and Year 4.
St Paul’s with St Michael’s Primary School - Closed only to Years 1 and 4
OPEN AS NORMAL
To be confirmed
Mossbourne Community Academy
New Regent’s College
Stoke Newington School and Sixth-Form
OPEN AS NORMAL
Sebright Primary School - Whole school trip to Shoeburyness