Talented students set to perform Little Shop of Horrors at Stoke Newington School
- Credit: Archant
While most people are rushing around preparing for seasonal festivities, students at Stoke Newington School have been busy rehearsing for their upcoming production of Little Shop of Horrors.
Meek flower shop assistant Seymour Krelborn spends his days doing menial tasks whilst pining for co-worker Audrey.
One day, after a total eclipse of the sun, he discovers an unusual plant which he names Audrey II, but little does he know, this plant is about to change his life.
Head of Drama Liam Stewart said: “Our talented cast includes students from aged between 11 and 18, all working very hard together to ensure we can end the term on a high.
“It’s been tough work, but it’s great to see the students supporting each other; I think some great friendships have been made along the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Shows take place tonight, tomorrow and Friday. Doors 7pm. Ticket prices: Adult £6, child £4 available at stokenewingtonschool.co.uk.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney