Talented students set to perform Little Shop of Horrors at Stoke Newington School
- Credit: Archant
While most people are rushing around preparing for seasonal festivities, students at Stoke Newington School have been busy rehearsing for their upcoming production of Little Shop of Horrors.
Meek flower shop assistant Seymour Krelborn spends his days doing menial tasks whilst pining for co-worker Audrey.
One day, after a total eclipse of the sun, he discovers an unusual plant which he names Audrey II, but little does he know, this plant is about to change his life.
Head of Drama Liam Stewart said: “Our talented cast includes students from aged between 11 and 18, all working very hard together to ensure we can end the term on a high.
“It’s been tough work, but it’s great to see the students supporting each other; I think some great friendships have been made along the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Shows take place tonight, tomorrow and Friday. Doors 7pm. Ticket prices: Adult £6, child £4 available at stokenewingtonschool.co.uk.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 5 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney