Talented students set to perform Little Shop of Horrors at Stoke Newington School
- Credit: Archant
While most people are rushing around preparing for seasonal festivities, students at Stoke Newington School have been busy rehearsing for their upcoming production of Little Shop of Horrors.
Meek flower shop assistant Seymour Krelborn spends his days doing menial tasks whilst pining for co-worker Audrey.
One day, after a total eclipse of the sun, he discovers an unusual plant which he names Audrey II, but little does he know, this plant is about to change his life.
Head of Drama Liam Stewart said: “Our talented cast includes students from aged between 11 and 18, all working very hard together to ensure we can end the term on a high.
“It’s been tough work, but it’s great to see the students supporting each other; I think some great friendships have been made along the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Shows take place tonight, tomorrow and Friday. Doors 7pm. Ticket prices: Adult £6, child £4 available at stokenewingtonschool.co.uk.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back