Talented students set to perform Little Shop of Horrors at Stoke Newington School
- Credit: Archant
While most people are rushing around preparing for seasonal festivities, students at Stoke Newington School have been busy rehearsing for their upcoming production of Little Shop of Horrors.
Meek flower shop assistant Seymour Krelborn spends his days doing menial tasks whilst pining for co-worker Audrey.
One day, after a total eclipse of the sun, he discovers an unusual plant which he names Audrey II, but little does he know, this plant is about to change his life.
Head of Drama Liam Stewart said: “Our talented cast includes students from aged between 11 and 18, all working very hard together to ensure we can end the term on a high.
“It’s been tough work, but it’s great to see the students supporting each other; I think some great friendships have been made along the way.”
You may also want to watch:
Shows take place tonight, tomorrow and Friday. Doors 7pm. Ticket prices: Adult £6, child £4 available at stokenewingtonschool.co.uk.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes