London University offers fully funded scholarships to Hackney graduates
- Credit: Loughborough Unvieristy London
A London University is offering fully funded post-graduate scholarships to people in Hackney and neighbouring boroughs.
Loughborough University London has been offering the scholarships since 2015 from its campus in Olympic Park. The aim of the programme has been to help unemployed and underemployed graduates progress onto graduate-level employment.
Dean of Loughborough University Professor Tony Edwards said: “Programmes like Inspiring Success are so positive for the University. Our east London students bring so much to our community.”
“Over 100 local people have benefited from our free personal and professional development workshops and we have supported more than forty 100% scholarships to students with our total investment at around £500,000.”
Graduates from the programme have gone on to work for companies such as the Dutch banking and finance multinational ING, the Global Disability Innovation Hub and Hackney Council.
You may also want to watch:
The deadline for application for this year’s post-graduate programmes is on May 31.
For more details on how to apply visit https://www.lborolondon.ac.uk/study/scholarships-bursaries/inspiring-success/
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club