Stoke Newington pupil Mia Keane makes final of school baking contest Buster’s Bake Off
- Credit: SUBMITTED by Martin Apps
A teenager from Stoke Newington School made it to the grand final of the school baking contest Buster’s Bake Off.
Mia Keane, 14, joined three other finalists to make a bid for the champion's trophy with her signature bake 'summer fruits pavlova'.
Contestants were given 90 minutes to create their showstoppers which were judged on taste, presentation, technical difficulty, creativity, and use of locally-sourced ingredients.
The dish notching up the biggest score was Strawberry S'Mores Cake made by Amelie Coy.
The panel of judges included TV chef Jane Beedle, who was a finalist on series seven of the BBC's Great British Bake Off.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: "The bakes have been fantastic. If I could have cooked like that when I was their age, I would have been very proud."
The final at East Kent College was organised by educational charity Inspire Schools, which also runs the Young Cooks contest.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition