Stoke Newington pupil Mia Keane makes final of school baking contest Buster’s Bake Off
- Credit: SUBMITTED by Martin Apps
A teenager from Stoke Newington School made it to the grand final of the school baking contest Buster’s Bake Off.
Mia Keane, 14, joined three other finalists to make a bid for the champion's trophy with her signature bake 'summer fruits pavlova'.
Contestants were given 90 minutes to create their showstoppers which were judged on taste, presentation, technical difficulty, creativity, and use of locally-sourced ingredients.
The dish notching up the biggest score was Strawberry S'Mores Cake made by Amelie Coy.
The panel of judges included TV chef Jane Beedle, who was a finalist on series seven of the BBC's Great British Bake Off.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: "The bakes have been fantastic. If I could have cooked like that when I was their age, I would have been very proud."
The final at East Kent College was organised by educational charity Inspire Schools, which also runs the Young Cooks contest.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home