Stoke Newington pupil Mia Keane makes final of school baking contest Buster’s Bake Off
- Credit: SUBMITTED by Martin Apps
A teenager from Stoke Newington School made it to the grand final of the school baking contest Buster’s Bake Off.
Mia Keane, 14, joined three other finalists to make a bid for the champion's trophy with her signature bake 'summer fruits pavlova'.
Contestants were given 90 minutes to create their showstoppers which were judged on taste, presentation, technical difficulty, creativity, and use of locally-sourced ingredients.
The dish notching up the biggest score was Strawberry S'Mores Cake made by Amelie Coy.
The panel of judges included TV chef Jane Beedle, who was a finalist on series seven of the BBC's Great British Bake Off.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: "The bakes have been fantastic. If I could have cooked like that when I was their age, I would have been very proud."
The final at East Kent College was organised by educational charity Inspire Schools, which also runs the Young Cooks contest.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure