Olympic medallist Rebecca Adlington bounces to trampoline Guinness World Record title alongside hundreds of people in Haggerston Park
- Credit: Archant
A new Guinness World Record has been set for the most people on trampolines in one location by a group of hardy souls in Haggerston Park.
Led by four-time Olympic medallist, Rebecca Adlington, 343 people became record breakers for bouncing non-stop for five minutes on individual trampolines yesterday (Thursday) in the Hackney park.
Hosted by Innovo – a restoration system which uses therapy to strengthen pelvic muscles and enable women to overcome bladder weakness – the record was set during Women’s Sport Week to encourage women to get moving and live life to the full.
The Innovo crew say “whether you’re short of time, out of practice or one of the one in three ladies in London who suffer from bladder weakness, little ‘wow’ moments like bouncing on a trampoline with your children, strutting your stuff at Zumba or running through the park can really transform how you feel about life and yourself.”
“Research shows that 59 per cent of Londoners say feeling good on the inside is key to feeling good on the outside so it has never been so important to think about physical wellbeing as much as – or even more than – your appearance.”
You may also want to watch:
The week also fell on world continence week and Innovo has partnered with the World Federation of Incontinence Patients to raise awareness of issues related to bladder weakness.
“I am so passionate about helping and encouraging women to get moving and enjoy themselves by being as active as possible,” Rebbecca said. “Nearly 20pc of Londoners say they neglect their inner core health2, which needs to change.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
“As a mum, I know all about the strain pregnancy and labour can put on your pelvic floor muscles and the importance of maintaining or restoring these muscles to support your core strength fully, in order to keep active.
“Innovo is an easy, safe and non-invasive system to restore these muscles effectively in the comfort of your own home, so that you can be confident to get out there and create your own wow moments everyday, whether it’s bouncing on a trampoline or just dancing around the kitchen at home.”