Places up for grabs at Anna Fiorentini’s theatre school free half-term anti-bullying workshops
- Credit: Archant
Free anti-bullying workshops will see youngsters use acting, song and dance to explore the effects of bullying and how to combat it.
The workshops on May 29 and May 30 at Chat’s Palace in Brooksby’s Walk are being organised by the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School.
A group of 40 nine- to 12-year-olds will work together to put on a performance at the end of the two days.
Anna Fiorentini told the Gazette: “I have had 23 years’ experience working with young people, and I have seen the transformative effects performing arts classes have on developing confidence and self-esteem, and discouraging and learning to deal with bullies.”
According to the annual bullying survey 2017, 24 per cent of the young people who have been bullied in the last year had suicidal thoughts.
You may also want to watch:
To sign up, e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs