Prestigious palace placement for Hackney Community College students
- Credit: Archant
Ten budding chefs spent a week they’ll never forget, getting priceless work experience at Buckingham Palace.
The students, all aged between 17 and 23, were put forward for the prestigious placement by their tutors at Hackney Community College, and were supported by the College’s careers team.
During the intensively-scheduled week, they gathered invaluable experience from five separate teams in the Palace and how they contribute to the overall smooth running of the Royal Household.
A highlight for many of the students from the college in Falkirk Street, Hoxton, was a private audience and discussion with HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew on the final day.
Principal of HCC, Ian Ashman said: “Work experience is a vital element of the college experience and Hackney Community College staff have been working hard to increase the number of placements available to our students.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to have had this support from Buckingham Palace.”
Employers or company owners who can provide valuable work experience to college students should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors