Prestigious palace placement for Hackney Community College students
- Credit: Archant
Ten budding chefs spent a week they’ll never forget, getting priceless work experience at Buckingham Palace.
The students, all aged between 17 and 23, were put forward for the prestigious placement by their tutors at Hackney Community College, and were supported by the College’s careers team.
During the intensively-scheduled week, they gathered invaluable experience from five separate teams in the Palace and how they contribute to the overall smooth running of the Royal Household.
A highlight for many of the students from the college in Falkirk Street, Hoxton, was a private audience and discussion with HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew on the final day.
Principal of HCC, Ian Ashman said: “Work experience is a vital element of the college experience and Hackney Community College staff have been working hard to increase the number of placements available to our students.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to have had this support from Buckingham Palace.”
Employers or company owners who can provide valuable work experience to college students should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12