Prestigious palace placement for Hackney Community College students
- Credit: Archant
Ten budding chefs spent a week they’ll never forget, getting priceless work experience at Buckingham Palace.
The students, all aged between 17 and 23, were put forward for the prestigious placement by their tutors at Hackney Community College, and were supported by the College’s careers team.
During the intensively-scheduled week, they gathered invaluable experience from five separate teams in the Palace and how they contribute to the overall smooth running of the Royal Household.
A highlight for many of the students from the college in Falkirk Street, Hoxton, was a private audience and discussion with HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew on the final day.
Principal of HCC, Ian Ashman said: “Work experience is a vital element of the college experience and Hackney Community College staff have been working hard to increase the number of placements available to our students.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to have had this support from Buckingham Palace.”
Employers or company owners who can provide valuable work experience to college students should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack