Prestigious palace placement for Hackney Community College students
- Credit: Archant
Ten budding chefs spent a week they’ll never forget, getting priceless work experience at Buckingham Palace.
The students, all aged between 17 and 23, were put forward for the prestigious placement by their tutors at Hackney Community College, and were supported by the College’s careers team.
During the intensively-scheduled week, they gathered invaluable experience from five separate teams in the Palace and how they contribute to the overall smooth running of the Royal Household.
A highlight for many of the students from the college in Falkirk Street, Hoxton, was a private audience and discussion with HRH The Duke of York, Prince Andrew on the final day.
Principal of HCC, Ian Ashman said: “Work experience is a vital element of the college experience and Hackney Community College staff have been working hard to increase the number of placements available to our students.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to have had this support from Buckingham Palace.”
Employers or company owners who can provide valuable work experience to college students should email email@example.com.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 8 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 9 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 10 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'