Queensbridge ranked in country’s top 105 performing schools
- Credit: Carmen Valino
Queensbridge School has been recognised as one of the top 105 performing schools in the country.
The primary school in Queensbridge Road, Haggerston, was compared to schools with almost identical intakes as judged by their key stage one attainment.
Minister of State for Schools MP David Laws wrote to headteacher Sarah Bailey, saying the school had stood out in two ways.
“First you were ranked number one in your table, second, over 20 per cent more of your pupils achieved a level four or above in English and maths than is typical of a school with your intake, this is a fantastic achievement you should be very proud of,” he said.
Ms Bailey said it “felt great to start the new academic year with such a fab letter”.
You may also want to watch:
“We are thrilled to have such a tremendous recognition for the work we are doing here at Queensbridge,” she added.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man