Queensbridge ranked in country’s top 105 performing schools
- Credit: Carmen Valino
Queensbridge School has been recognised as one of the top 105 performing schools in the country.
The primary school in Queensbridge Road, Haggerston, was compared to schools with almost identical intakes as judged by their key stage one attainment.
Minister of State for Schools MP David Laws wrote to headteacher Sarah Bailey, saying the school had stood out in two ways.
“First you were ranked number one in your table, second, over 20 per cent more of your pupils achieved a level four or above in English and maths than is typical of a school with your intake, this is a fantastic achievement you should be very proud of,” he said.
Ms Bailey said it “felt great to start the new academic year with such a fab letter”.
You may also want to watch:
“We are thrilled to have such a tremendous recognition for the work we are doing here at Queensbridge,” she added.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home