Queensbridge ranked in country’s top 105 performing schools
- Credit: Carmen Valino
Queensbridge School has been recognised as one of the top 105 performing schools in the country.
The primary school in Queensbridge Road, Haggerston, was compared to schools with almost identical intakes as judged by their key stage one attainment.
Minister of State for Schools MP David Laws wrote to headteacher Sarah Bailey, saying the school had stood out in two ways.
“First you were ranked number one in your table, second, over 20 per cent more of your pupils achieved a level four or above in English and maths than is typical of a school with your intake, this is a fantastic achievement you should be very proud of,” he said.
Ms Bailey said it “felt great to start the new academic year with such a fab letter”.
You may also want to watch:
“We are thrilled to have such a tremendous recognition for the work we are doing here at Queensbridge,” she added.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors