Shacklewell Primary School go Back To The Future
- Credit: Archant
A Shacklewell primary school put on a musical extravaganza on Thursday night as they performed songs from musicals spanning different generations.
Over 400 pupils from Shacklewell Primary School in Shacklewell Row came together to sing and dance West End hit musical hits from shows ranging from Mary Poppins and Annie to High School Musical at their show Back to the Future: A Blitz Through Time at Stoke Newington Town Hall in Stoke Newington Church Street, Stoke Newington.
Head of School Nicole Reid said: “It was a great atmosphere to see so many families and parents come to watch the kids in this huge and extravagant performance.
“It was a beautiful performance. We were delighted with the show. The costumes were amazing. The children’s performance was out of this world.
“The children have been working on it since Easter. I was really proud of how well they did and the team here as well as the community for supporting us.
You may also want to watch:
“Year six pupils did a special finale with Don’t Stop Believing from Rock of Ages. It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.”
All pupils at the school, ranging from Year 1 to Year 6, took part whether it was performing, creating and designing props and costumes, film making or promoting the show.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
All the money raised will go towards charity Save the Children