Shacklewell Primary School go Back To The Future
- Credit: Archant
A Shacklewell primary school put on a musical extravaganza on Thursday night as they performed songs from musicals spanning different generations.
Over 400 pupils from Shacklewell Primary School in Shacklewell Row came together to sing and dance West End hit musical hits from shows ranging from Mary Poppins and Annie to High School Musical at their show Back to the Future: A Blitz Through Time at Stoke Newington Town Hall in Stoke Newington Church Street, Stoke Newington.
Head of School Nicole Reid said: “It was a great atmosphere to see so many families and parents come to watch the kids in this huge and extravagant performance.
“It was a beautiful performance. We were delighted with the show. The costumes were amazing. The children’s performance was out of this world.
“The children have been working on it since Easter. I was really proud of how well they did and the team here as well as the community for supporting us.
You may also want to watch:
“Year six pupils did a special finale with Don’t Stop Believing from Rock of Ages. It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.”
All pupils at the school, ranging from Year 1 to Year 6, took part whether it was performing, creating and designing props and costumes, film making or promoting the show.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
All the money raised will go towards charity Save the Children